Here's the briefing: op-sec is a priority when searching for Obl, since the Isi is unreliable. Ksm is not a Dutch airline and we depart Area 51 at Zero Dark Thirty. Got it?
It may be one of the best films of the year; it's certainly turning into one of the most controversial. But in some respects, it is also the most perplexing. Woe betide those who go to see Zero Dark Thirty without being properly briefed. A passing interest in the CIA and the hunt for Osama bin Laden will not make it easy on the eye, or the ear.
The screenplay of Kathryn Bigelow's Oscar-nominated film assumes people know about counter-terrorism. And Maya, the main character, is an obsessive, whose relentless search for the al-Qaida leader doesn't include pausing for explanations. Names and acronyms fly at viewers faster than a Black Hawk helicopter, so stragglers could be easily left behind. »
- Nick Hopkins
Similar News ItemsKathryn Bigelow
- Keanu Reeves to direct kung fu film (From The Guardian - Film News. 20 May 2013, 4:00 PM, PDT)
- Film Review: Mira Nair’s The Reluctant Fundamentalist (From DearCinema.com. 16 May 2013, 8:50 PM, PDT)
- Tracing America's Relationship to the Middle East in Valentino's Ghost (From Village Voice. 15 May 2013, 9:00 PM, PDT)
Zero Dark Thirty (2012)
- Joel Edgerton Joins Johnny Depp in Black Mass (From GeekTyrant. 18 May 2013, 5:00 PM, PDT)
- Smart Art Films Thrive at the Right Price (From Variety - Film News. 16 May 2013, 3:00 PM, PDT)
- Joel Edgerton Joins Black Mass With Johnny Depp (From We Got This Covered. 16 May 2013, 11:02 AM, PDT)
George W. Bush
- Watch: 'Monty Python' Star's Second Amendment Joke (From Huffington Post. 20 May 2013, 8:06 AM, PDT)
- Kanye West on ‘SNL’: Performs Tracks From New Album ‘Yeezus’ (From Variety - TV News. 19 May 2013, 8:21 AM, PDT)
- Joy Reid And Martin Bashir Force Gop Strategist To Admit Bush Appointed IRS Commissioner (From Mediaite - TV. 16 May 2013, 2:21 PM, PDT)