Here's the briefing: op-sec is a priority when searching for Obl, since the Isi is unreliable. Ksm is not a Dutch airline and we depart Area 51 at Zero Dark Thirty. Got it?
It may be one of the best films of the year; it's certainly turning into one of the most controversial. But in some respects, it is also the most perplexing. Woe betide those who go to see Zero Dark Thirty without being properly briefed. A passing interest in the CIA and the hunt for Osama bin Laden will not make it easy on the eye, or the ear.
The screenplay of Kathryn Bigelow's Oscar-nominated film assumes people know about counter-terrorism. And Maya, the main character, is an obsessive, whose relentless search for the al-Qaida leader doesn't include pausing for explanations. Names and acronyms fly at viewers faster than a Black Hawk helicopter, so stragglers could be easily left behind. »
- Nick Hopkins
Similar News ItemsKathryn Bigelow
- K-19: The Widowmaker (From Sky Movies. 22 April 2014, 3:42 AM, PDT)
- TV Show About Greta Garbo And Marlene Dietrich Planned (From EmpireOnline. 16 April 2014, 2:10 PM, PDT)
- Why Ray Winstone Is Perfect for That 'Point Break' Remake (Clips) (From Thompson on Hollywood. 9 April 2014, 3:30 AM, PDT)
Zero Dark Thirty (2012)
- "Terminator: Genesis" Updates (From SneakPeek. 23 April 2014, 10:23 AM, PDT)
- First Dibs: Who Is People‘s Most Beautiful Person? (From TheFabLife - Movies. 23 April 2014, 4:45 AM, PDT)
- Jessica Chastain to play Marilyn Monroe in Blonde (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 23 April 2014, 1:51 AM, PDT)
- John Turturro replaces Robert De Niro in HBO's 'Criminal Justice' (From EW.com - Inside TV. 22 April 2014, 7:05 AM, PDT)
- Robert De Niro exits HBO's James Gandolfini miniseries 'Criminal Justice' (From RealBollywood. 22 April 2014, 2:44 AM, PDT)
- John Turturro Replacing Robert De Niro In Criminal Justice (From We Got This Covered. 21 April 2014, 10:26 PM, PDT)