Here's the briefing: op-sec is a priority when searching for Obl, since the Isi is unreliable. Ksm is not a Dutch airline and we depart Area 51 at Zero Dark Thirty. Got it?
It may be one of the best films of the year; it's certainly turning into one of the most controversial. But in some respects, it is also the most perplexing. Woe betide those who go to see Zero Dark Thirty without being properly briefed. A passing interest in the CIA and the hunt for Osama bin Laden will not make it easy on the eye, or the ear.
The screenplay of Kathryn Bigelow's Oscar-nominated film assumes people know about counter-terrorism. And Maya, the main character, is an obsessive, whose relentless search for the al-Qaida leader doesn't include pausing for explanations. Names and acronyms fly at viewers faster than a Black Hawk helicopter, so stragglers could be easily left behind. »
- Nick Hopkins
Similar News ItemsZero Dark Thirty (2012)
- Uncharted movie adaptation finds a new director (From Flickeringmyth. 26 October 2016, 4:00 AM, PDT)
- Uncharted Movie Gets Stranger Things Director Shawn Levy (From MovieWeb. 25 October 2016, 4:51 PM, PDT)
- ‘Miss Sloane’ to World Premiere at AFI Fest (Exclusive) (From Variety - Film News. 24 October 2016, 12:31 PM, PDT)
Kathryn Bigelow (I)
- From 'Babadook' to 'Raw': The Rise of the Modern Female Horror Filmmaker (From Rolling Stone. 26 October 2016, 12:42 PM, PDT)
- Black Mirror series 3 review (From Den of Geek. 20 October 2016, 4:17 PM, PDT)
- Kathryn Bigelow’s ‘Untitled Detroit Project’ Rounds Out Cast – Chris Chalk, Ephraim Sykes, Laz Alonso, More (From ShadowAndAct. 18 October 2016, 12:41 PM, PDT)
- In Praise of Profanity by Michael Adams review – entertaining study of swearing (From The Guardian - TV News. 23 October 2016, 5:00 AM, PDT)
- ‘The Night Of’ Digital Edition Giveaway (From AreYouScreening. 26 September 2016, 11:38 AM, PDT)
- Watch 'Sopranos' Actors Remember James Gandolfini (From Rolling Stone. 23 September 2016, 11:00 AM, PDT)