The Royle Family: Barbara's Old Ring, 2012.
Directed by Caroline Aherne.
Christmas is coming but Barbara is not happy. Not only has she lost her wedding ring but Jim has won on a scratch card she found down the back of the sofa whilst looking for the ring and has kept quiet about his hundred pounds winnings.
The law of diminishing returns could be attributed to The Royle Family as it produces its 5th Christmas special in 6 years, but there is just something about this special show that means it doesn't suffer the same fate as other British comedies.
For example, I loved Only Fools and Horses and still claim that 1996’s Time On Our Hands is one of the finest examples of British sitcom writing, but I am loathed to admit that every time it came back it »
Similar News ItemsLuke Owen (I)
- The Week in Spandex – Avengers: Age of Ultron, Civil War, Batman v Superman, Suicide Squad, X-Men: Apocalypse, Fantastic Four, The Punisher, Silver Surfer and more (From Flickeringmyth. 2 May 2015, 5:45 AM, PDT)
- The Week in Spandex – Avengers: Age of Ultron, Suicide Squad, Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, Spider-Man, X-Men: Apocalypse, Deadpool, Captain Marvel and more (From Flickeringmyth. 25 April 2015, 5:40 AM, PDT)
- Exclusive: Charlie Cox would like to see Elektra and Black Widow in Daredevil Season Two; says joining The Avengers would be a “dream come true” (From Flickeringmyth. 23 April 2015, 11:56 AM, PDT)
- Jessica Hynes: ‘It’s heartening watching happy people hang out on sofas’ (From The Guardian - TV News. 3 May 2015, 12:15 AM, PDT)
- Jessica Hynes: 'I was disappointed by Up the Women axing' (From Digital Spy - TV news. 27 April 2015, 11:00 AM, PDT)
- Watch Jessica Hynes reveal surprising teenage crush (From Digital Spy - TV news. 25 April 2015, 7:52 AM, PDT)
"The Royle Family" (1998)
- Liam Williams on Caroline Aherne: ‘the Bambi-eyed princess of northern naturalism’ (From The Guardian - TV News. 18 February 2015, 1:00 AM, PST)
- Ricky Tomlinson: ‘I’m a whingeing scouser, and I will whinge until they’re made to pay’ (From The Guardian - TV News. 27 December 2014, 1:00 AM, PST)
- The Royle Family Christmas special attracts over 4 million (From Digital Spy - TV news. 24 December 2014, 3:13 AM, PST)