The Possession, 2012.
Directed by Ole Borndeal.
A young girl buys an antique box at a yard sale, unaware that inside the collectible lives a malicious ancient spirit. The girl's father teams with his ex-wife to find a way to end the curse upon their child.
The Exorcist has inspired quite a lot of movies over the years and Ole Bornedal’s The Possession is certainly one of the better ones. Produced by Evil Dead maestros Sam Raimi and Robert Tapert, The Possession is “based on the true story” and centres around Clyde and his family who stumble upon the evil of the haunted dybbuk box that contains demon Abizu who possess his daughter Em. While clearly inspired by the William Friedkin classic, its yard sale set-up gives it a 80s era Twilight Zone feel but not played for laughs. »
Similar News ItemsSam Raimi
- This is the Part I Really Like: Top ten movie-in-movie moments (From Cineplex. 23 September 2014, 6:30 AM, PDT)
- Good People | Review (From ioncinema. 22 September 2014, 7:00 AM, PDT)
- Altitude to sell zombie horror Wyrmwood (From ScreenDaily. 19 September 2014, 6:14 AM, PDT)
- Mark Ruffalo, Leonardo DiCaprio And Al Gore Join People's Climate March In NYC (From Uinterview. 20 September 2014, 9:00 PM, PDT)
- Toronto Film Review: ‘Time Out of Mind’ (From Variety - Film News. 8 September 2014, 1:52 AM, PDT)
- Matt's Inside Line: Scoop on Bones, Once, Homeland, Blacklist, Haven, Reign, Tvd, Sleepy Hollow and More (From TVLine.com. 5 September 2014, 10:00 AM, PDT)
Jeffrey Dean Morgan
- Sundance Lab Project ‘Swiss Army Man’ Moving into Production (From Variety - Film News. 11 September 2014, 7:36 AM, PDT)
- Universal Pictures International Picks Up ‘The Salvation’ (From Variety - Film News. 11 September 2014, 5:50 AM, PDT)
- Universal Pictures Intl takes Salvation (From ScreenDaily. 10 September 2014, 4:55 AM, PDT)