Sundance is in full swing, and recently we attended a screening of Jim Mickle's remake of We Are What We Are (original review here). Read on for a transcript from the festivities, and look for a review of the remake coming soon!
We Are What We Are, picked up by eOne Entertainment this year in Berlin, is directed by Stake Land's Jim Mickle and is based on the 2010 Mexican film and Cannes Film Festival entry Somo Lo Que Hay. Andrew D. Corkin and Nicholas Shumaker produce.
Mickle moved Mexican director Jorge Michel Grau’s picture about a family of cannibals from its original setting of Mexico City to a poor part of the Catskills region in New York state.
Q: What the fuck was that all about? »
Similar News ItemsReese Witherspoon
- ‘Saturday Night Live’ Adds Leslie Jones to Cast (From The Wrap. 20 October 2014, 4:02 PM, PDT)
- Ryan Phillippe Disses His Own Career: "I've Made 30-Plus Films," "Five of Them Are Good" (From Us Weekly. 20 October 2014, 3:55 PM, PDT)
- Whoa! We're Giving Away a Gift Bag Worth Over $3K (From Entertainment Tonight. 20 October 2014, 3:00 PM, PDT)
Gangster Squad (2013)
- Jeff Robinov’s Studio 8 Adds Development Exec Chris Goldberg & Mythology’s Jon Silk (From Deadline New York. 10 October 2014, 1:54 PM, PDT)
- Zombieland 2 Gets A New Writer (From EmpireOnline. 1 October 2014, 3:35 AM, PDT)
- Leonardo DiCaprio to produce Yellowstone female alpha wolf movie (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 29 September 2014, 2:27 AM, PDT)
The Master (2012)
- Is Joaquin Phoenix the prescription for Marvel's 'Doctor Strange'? (From EW.com - Inside Movies. 28 August 2014, 2:41 PM, PDT)
- YouTube Commenters Break Down the 2013 Oscar Nominees (From NextMovie. 23 January 2013, 7:00 AM, PST)
- 'Amour' and Ang Lee Score London Critics' Circle Awards (From Backstage. 22 January 2013, 10:11 AM, PST)