Simon Columb attends the Roman Polanski retrospective at BFI Southbank...
Roman Polanski remains a fascinating filmmaker to this day. Alongside Andrej Wajda and Jerzy Skolimowski, Polanski came to the fore in the late 1950s in Poland. The BFI in London are screening all of Polanski’s films during January and February 2013 and throughout January, essays on separate films will be released here on Flickering Myth in the hope that you too can join us in reflecting on Polanski’s diverse and ever-expanding career. Next up is 1974's Chinatown...
Since Cul-de-sac, many things had changed for Roman Polanski. After one-and-a-half years of marriage to Sharon Tate, in 1969, she was murdered - while pregnant - by the Charles Manson 'family'. Chinatown was released in 1974 - only five years after the tragic event. It was the »
Similar News ItemsRoman Polanski (I)
- Oscar-nominated Actor Hal Holbrook Defends Nate Parker, ‘Birth of a Nation’ (From Variety - Film News. 17 October 2016, 5:27 PM, PDT)
- Lumière Festival: Catherine Deneuve On Truffaut, Trump, And Why She Never Had a Hollywood Career (From Variety - Film News. 15 October 2016, 2:23 AM, PDT)
- James Bond, and the perils of casting a new 007 (From Den of Geek. 12 October 2016, 10:21 AM, PDT)
Jack Nicholson (I)
- October Horrors Day 22 – The Shining (1980) (From Flickeringmyth. 22 October 2016, 10:20 AM, PDT)
- Throwback Thursday: “Bad Labor – No Coffee Break” Movies (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 20 October 2016, 3:40 PM, PDT)
- ‘Remote Controlled’ Podcast: David Harbour on the ‘Stranger Things’ Phenomenon (Listen) (From Variety - TV News. 14 October 2016, 6:21 PM, PDT)
The Ghost Writer (2010)
- Polanski To Helm Assayas-Scripted "True Story" (From Dark Horizons. 18 July 2016, 3:04 PM, PDT)
- Roman Polanski To Direct Olivier Assayas Penned ‘Based On A True Story’ (From The Playlist. 18 July 2016, 12:21 PM, PDT)
- Polanski honored at Krakow Film & Music Fest (From ScreenDaily. 1 June 2016, 6:19 AM, PDT)