Every year, a new batch of actors is deemed to have had a breakout year. Whether seasoned professionals finally getting their big break or complete unknowns that pop up out of nowhere, each year’s breakout stars started 2012 as just another blip on Hollywood’s vast radar, but by year’s end, they were full blown stars.
It is probably no coincidence that the most of actors featured on this list starred in some of the best films of the year, including multiple mentions for Argo, Lincoln, and Zero Dark Thirty. Thanks to the movies they starred in and the memorable performances they gave, each of these fifteen actors have more than justified all the attention and warranted close watching to see just how their rising careers will ultimately pan out.
15. Iko Uwais
Every few years a new martial arts-action film comes along that makes everyone stare in awe at »
- Chris Henson
Similar News ItemsZero Dark Thirty (2012)
- Jennifer Ehle Joins Cynthia Nixon in Emily Dickinson Biopic ‘A Quiet Passion’ (Exclusive) (From Variety - Film News. 5 May 2015, 11:44 AM, PDT)
- Tom Green interview: Monsters: Dark Continent and Misfits (From Den of Geek. 29 April 2015, 4:00 AM, PDT)
- Why 1980 Was the Best Year in Movie History (From Hitfix. 27 April 2015, 12:06 PM, PDT)
- Keanu Reeves Returns for 'John Wick 2'; Sequel Will "Outdo the Action from the Original," Says Director (From Movies.com. 5 May 2015, 1:30 PM, PDT)
- John Wick 2 is On the Way (From Filmonic. 5 May 2015, 9:56 AM, PDT)
- Keanu Reeves Returns for 'John Wick 2'; Sequel Will "Outdo the Action from the Original," Says Director (From Fandango. 5 May 2015, 8:25 AM, PDT)
Gareth Evans (VI)
- Kung Fu Killer Review (From We Got This Covered. 26 April 2015, 7:29 PM, PDT)
- Asian Film Awards 2015: The Stars and the Winners (From AsianMoviePulse. 31 March 2015, 12:30 PM, PDT)
- 'Blind Massage' wins best film at Asian Film Awards (From ScreenDaily. 25 March 2015, 6:33 PM, PDT)