Every year, a new batch of actors is deemed to have had a breakout year. Whether seasoned professionals finally getting their big break or complete unknowns that pop up out of nowhere, each year’s breakout stars started 2012 as just another blip on Hollywood’s vast radar, but by year’s end, they were full blown stars.
It is probably no coincidence that the most of actors featured on this list starred in some of the best films of the year, including multiple mentions for Argo, Lincoln, and Zero Dark Thirty. Thanks to the movies they starred in and the memorable performances they gave, each of these fifteen actors have more than justified all the attention and warranted close watching to see just how their rising careers will ultimately pan out.
15. Iko Uwais
Every few years a new martial arts-action film comes along that makes everyone stare in awe at »
- Chris Henson
Similar News ItemsZero Dark Thirty (2012)
- Recommended Discs & Deals of the Week: Black Friday Edition (From The Film Stage. 24 November 2015, 6:24 AM, PST)
- TV Review: ‘Spymasters: CIA in the Crosshairs’ (From Variety - TV News. 23 November 2015, 7:30 AM, PST)
- Actress Krysten Ritter Talks 'Jessica Jones' (From LatinoReview. 20 November 2015, 9:40 AM, PST)
- ‘Point Break’ remake sends extreme sports to the world of eco-terrorism (From Hitfix. 24 November 2015, 6:06 PM, PST)
- Keanu Reeves in action in John Wick 2 set photos and video (From Flickeringmyth. 24 November 2015, 4:00 AM, PST)
- First video from the set of John Wick 2; See Keanu Reeves in action (From The Hollywood News. 23 November 2015, 12:44 PM, PST)
Gareth Evans (VI)
- The Raid Us remake: director and production company quit (From Den of Geek. 27 October 2015, 12:54 AM, PDT)
- Patrick Hughes and Screen Gems Depart 'The Raid' Remake (From LatinoReview. 26 October 2015, 11:49 AM, PDT)
- English-Language Remake Of The Raid Loses Director And Studio (From We Got This Covered. 26 October 2015, 8:35 AM, PDT)