London, Jan 20: Fans of 'Fifty Shades of Grey' now want to experience first hand some of the erotic novel's contents - including South Africa's Constantia desert wine, which is on the menu at a fictitious masked ball.
For two centuries, it provided sweet comfort to some of the best known characters in history and literature, from Napoleon and Louis XVI to Frederick the Great and Charles Dickens' Reverend Septimus Crisparkle.
Even the French poet Baudelaire was moved to claim that only the lips of his lover surpassed the heavenly sweetness of South Africa's honey-coloured Constantia wine.
Now, exactly 200 years after. »
- Diksha Singh
Similar News ItemsFifty Shades of Grey (2015)
- ‘American Sniper’ Shoots to the Top of the Home-Video Charts (From Variety - Film News. 28 May 2015, 5:27 PM, PDT)
- Tanya Greig Perara Joins Universal as Svp of Business Affairs for Film Music (From The Wrap. 28 May 2015, 10:59 AM, PDT)
- Emilia Clarke: I Turned Down Fifty Shades Of Grey Because Of “Amount Of Nudity” (From GossipCop. 28 May 2015, 9:17 AM, PDT)
- Ghosts are real in two new trailers for Guillermo del Toro’s Crimson Peak (From Cineplex. 13 May 2015, 10:15 AM, PDT)
- Assassin’s Creed: Syndicate Brother-Sister Leads Confirmed; Ubisoft Slates Victorian-Era Sequel For October (From We Got This Covered. 12 May 2015, 9:53 AM, PDT)
- Game Reveal: "Assassin's Creed: Syndicate" (From Dark Horizons. 12 May 2015, 7:13 AM, PDT)
Frederick The Great
- Anniversaries: Johann Sebastian Bach Born 330 Years Ago on March 21, 1685 (From CultureCatch. 21 March 2015, 12:34 PM, PDT)
- A Royal Scandal takes the 'great' out of Russia's Catherine II (From The Guardian - Film News. 1 November 2012, 8:58 AM, PDT)
- Tonight's TV highlights: Frederick The Great And The Enigma Of Prussia | The Family | Getting On | Frankie Boyle's Tramadol Nights; The Morgana Show | True Stories: The Battle For Barking | Imagine (From The Guardian - TV News. 29 November 2010, 4:05 PM, PST)