Bill Maher dressed down the gun lobby on his first "Real Time" of 2013, but not in the way you might have expected. Addressing gun huggers everywhere, Maher explained, "It's not your second amendment rights that are under attack, it's all the other ones."
According to Maher, invasion of privacy is the norm in our new "quasi-police state", and it happened while a significant chunk of the population was at home guarding their guns and the rest of us simply weren't caring (everyone except Jodie Foster, obviously).
"The only thing that still has bipartisan support in Washington is not giving a shit about privacy."
Watch the clip above and let us know if you agree with Maher's assessment of our "shriveled" liberties. »
- Carol Hartsell
Similar News ItemsJodie Foster
- Exclusive: Bryan Fuller Clarifies Whether Jodie Foster Will Direct An Episode of Hannibal (From shocktillyoudrop. 27 August 2014, 4:39 PM, PDT)
- Jodie Foster Coming to NBC's Hannibal? Get the Scoop (From E! Online. 26 August 2014, 3:54 PM, PDT)
- Inside Emmy Night’s Wild and Glamorous After-Parties (From Variety - TV News. 26 August 2014, 12:50 PM, PDT)
Bill Maher (I)
- Creative Arts Emmys trivia: Bill Maher, Harry Shearer win first career Emmys; 'SNL' extends record (From Gold Derby. 17 August 2014, 11:02 AM, PDT)
- Creative Arts Emmys 2014: Winners And Nominees (From Variety - TV News. 16 August 2014, 7:32 PM, PDT)
- Robin Williams Time Special Issue Out Friday, Packed with Tributes (Video) (From Thompson on Hollywood. 13 August 2014, 1:21 PM, PDT)
Real Time (2008)
- Producers Lab Toronto reveals line-up (From ScreenDaily. 20 August 2014, 7:34 AM, PDT)
- The Green Inferno Mobile Game Released (From DailyDead. 1 August 2014, 9:03 AM, PDT)
- George Takei Explains Why He Cannot Stand William Shatner on ‘Real Time’ (Video) (From The Wrap. 19 July 2014, 1:00 AM, PDT)