Bill Maher dressed down the gun lobby on his first "Real Time" of 2013, but not in the way you might have expected. Addressing gun huggers everywhere, Maher explained, "It's not your second amendment rights that are under attack, it's all the other ones."
According to Maher, invasion of privacy is the norm in our new "quasi-police state", and it happened while a significant chunk of the population was at home guarding their guns and the rest of us simply weren't caring (everyone except Jodie Foster, obviously).
"The only thing that still has bipartisan support in Washington is not giving a shit about privacy."
Watch the clip above and let us know if you agree with Maher's assessment of our "shriveled" liberties. »
- Carol Hartsell
Similar News ItemsJodie Foster
- Summer Horror Preview Image Blow-Out - Pacific Rim, World War Z, You're Next and Elysium (From Dread Central. 23 May 2013, 9:15 AM, PDT)
- Netflix May Do Arrested Development Movie and Season 5 (From MovieWeb. 22 May 2013, 5:29 PM, PDT)
- Thanks 'Star Wars' For These 30 Things (From Huffington Post. 22 May 2013, 9:24 AM, PDT)
Bill Maher (I)
- S.E. Cupp Blasts Michael Moore Over Guns: Stop ‘Intimidating’ And Treating Gun Owners Like ‘Pariahs’ (From Mediaite - TV. 17 May 2013, 8:43 PM, PDT)
- Bill Maher And Michael Moore Tear Apart Gop Obstruction: This Is ‘Treason,’ ‘They Hate America’ (From Mediaite - TV. 17 May 2013, 8:15 PM, PDT)
- Maher And Moore Clash With S.E. Cupp, Sorkin Over IRS: ‘Is It Unreasonable To Target An Anti-Tax Group?’ (From Mediaite - TV. 17 May 2013, 7:53 PM, PDT)
Real Time (2008)
- Wayne Brady Slams Bill Maher Over Obama Comparison, Says Real Time Host No Expert on Being Black (From E! Online. 15 May 2013, 6:45 PM, PDT)
- Andrew Ross Sorkin, Zach Galifianakis topline Real Time for Friday, May 17 (From Monsters and Critics. 15 May 2013, 12:00 PM, PDT)
- Bill Maher's New Rule For Lindsay Lohan (From Huffington Post. 15 May 2013, 8:21 AM, PDT)