Frank Lampard is on the verge of agreeing a deal with La Galaxy, but will definitely remain at Stamford Bridge until the end of the season, according to the London Evening Standard.
Lampard has been told by Chelsea that he has no future at the club, and the veteran midfielder has now set his sights on playing in the Mls next season after leaving on a free transfer.
The 34-year old is free to talk to foreign clubs and sign a pre-contract agreement and it is believed that discussions with La Galaxy are at an advanced stage, with the player set to commit to the move.
Galaxy have identified Lampard as the successor to David Beckham, who left the club in November. They are prepared to pay Lampard the same salary as the one Beckham was on – £4 million a year.
Despite the presence of the “Designated Player Rule” in the Mls, »
- Joseph Dempsey
Similar News ItemsDavid Beckham (I)
- The Ultimate Celebrity Tattoo Gallery (From Popsugar. 19 July 2014, 6:17 PM, PDT)
- Best and Worst of Nickelodeon’s 2014 Kids’ Choice Sports Awards (From Variety - TV News. 18 July 2014, 12:09 PM, PDT)
- This Week's Can't-Miss Celebrity Pics! (From Popsugar. 18 July 2014, 10:26 AM, PDT)
- 10 Players Who Should Regret Turning Down Arsenal (From Obsessed with Film. 20 July 2014, 2:38 AM, PDT)
- Christine Bleakley's life 'dictated' by Frank Lampard's career (From Virgin Media - TV. 14 July 2014, 9:15 AM, PDT)
- 10 Strangest Ever Chelsea Signings (From Obsessed with Film. 7 July 2014, 5:21 AM, PDT)