Frank Lampard is on the verge of agreeing a deal with La Galaxy, but will definitely remain at Stamford Bridge until the end of the season, according to the London Evening Standard.
Lampard has been told by Chelsea that he has no future at the club, and the veteran midfielder has now set his sights on playing in the Mls next season after leaving on a free transfer.
The 34-year old is free to talk to foreign clubs and sign a pre-contract agreement and it is believed that discussions with La Galaxy are at an advanced stage, with the player set to commit to the move.
Galaxy have identified Lampard as the successor to David Beckham, who left the club in November. They are prepared to pay Lampard the same salary as the one Beckham was on – £4 million a year.
Despite the presence of the “Designated Player Rule” in the Mls, »
- Joseph Dempsey
Similar News ItemsDavid Beckham (I)
- Victoria Beckham's Tattoo Is Almost Gone: Why Celebs Laser-Remove Their Ink (From Us Weekly. 3 October 2015, 4:06 PM, PDT)
- David Beckham to Come Out of Retirement and Play Soccer: Find Out Why, Plus What He Said About His Kids! (From E! Online. 2 October 2015, 8:48 AM, PDT)
- Jennifer Aniston's husband Justin Theroux to design for David Beckham (From National Ledger. 2 October 2015, 4:40 AM, PDT)
- BBC One will go behind the scenes with England's record goalscorer Wayne Rooney in a special documentary (From Digital Spy - TV news. 9 September 2015, 7:39 AM, PDT)
- Liverpool: Steven Gerrard’s 10 Most Defining Moments (From Obsessed with Film. 19 May 2015, 7:33 AM, PDT)
- Frank Lampard and Bradley Walsh take on the Play To The Whistle diving challenge (From Digital Spy - TV news. 18 May 2015, 1:21 PM, PDT)