Pete Travis is a director who has defied the odds. As the director of last year's beautiful and brutal Dredd, he not only took on a film that had been in development for over half a decade, he was also able to do the character and his universe justice, something that no one thought possible after the cinematic vomiting that is 1995's Judge Dredd. I had a chance to speak with Pete about Dredd and all the work that went into one of my personal favorite films of last year.
I'm curious as to what drew you to tackle Dredd? It's a property that, while beloved, had been done before fairly unsuccessfully.
I fell in love with the script. Alex (Garland)'s script brought Dredd to life in a really extraordinary way. He's not a super hero. He doesn't have an alter ego. He's just as (Judge Dredd creator) John Wagner described him as, »
Similar News ItemsClint Eastwood
- Movie Review - Yurusarezaru Mono, a.k.a. Unforgiven (2013) (From Flickeringmyth. 7 March 2014, 11:03 PM, PST)
- Bebe Neuwirth & Erich Bergen To Co-Star In CBS Pilot ‘Madam Secretary’ (From Deadline TV. 6 March 2014, 6:15 PM, PST)
- Million Dollar Baby (From Sky Movies. 6 March 2014, 10:12 AM, PST)
Michael Caine (I)
- Oscar-winner Paolo Sorrentino to pair up with Michael Caine (From The Guardian - Film News. 5 March 2014, 3:10 AM, PST)
- Sorrentino Set To Start Shooting Michael Caine-Starrer ‘In The Future’ In May (From Variety - Film News. 4 March 2014, 4:33 AM, PST)
- Cate Blanchett is seventh Oscar winner from Woody Allen films (From Gold Derby. 2 March 2014, 9:47 PM, PST)
District 9 (2009)
- The movies that never win Oscars: Harry Potter, James Bond, more (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 27 February 2014, 10:30 AM, PST)
- Will the Academy Be Able to Suspend Disbelief for ‘Her’? (From Scott Feinberg. 26 February 2014, 6:37 AM, PST)
- Quiz: Can You Identify These Beloved Movies In 8-Bit Gif Form? (From Cinema Blend. 21 February 2014, 9:37 AM, PST)