Pete Travis is a director who has defied the odds. As the director of last year's beautiful and brutal Dredd, he not only took on a film that had been in development for over half a decade, he was also able to do the character and his universe justice, something that no one thought possible after the cinematic vomiting that is 1995's Judge Dredd. I had a chance to speak with Pete about Dredd and all the work that went into one of my personal favorite films of last year.
I'm curious as to what drew you to tackle Dredd? It's a property that, while beloved, had been done before fairly unsuccessfully.
I fell in love with the script. Alex (Garland)'s script brought Dredd to life in a really extraordinary way. He's not a super hero. He doesn't have an alter ego. He's just as (Judge Dredd creator) John Wagner described him as, »
Similar News ItemsClint Eastwood
- Fox Says Super Bowl TV Ad Inventory Is Sold Out (From Variety - TV News. 4 December 2013, 9:00 AM, PST)
- Ben Stiller cements hand, foot prints (From RealBollywood. 4 December 2013, 7:28 AM, PST)
- Jurassic World: 5 Reasons Bryce Dallas Howard Will Make An Awesome Lead (From Obsessed with Film. 4 December 2013, 1:27 AM, PST)
Michael Caine (I)
- Julie Walters to be Feted at British Independent Film Awards (From Variety - Film News. 3 December 2013, 4:40 AM, PST)
- Julie Walters honoured at BIFAs (From eyeforfilm.co.uk. 3 December 2013, 2:51 AM, PST)
- BIFAs to honour Julie Walters (From ScreenDaily. 3 December 2013, 2:38 AM, PST)
District 9 (2009)
- Oldboy (2013) – The Review (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 27 November 2013, 9:16 AM, PST)
- 'Oldboy' Baddie Sharlto Copley Opens Up to Indiewire: 'Hollywood doesn't quite know where to place me' (From Indiewire. 27 November 2013, 6:53 AM, PST)
- Exclusive: Heavy Metal & 'District 9' Come Together In Clip From New Series 'Rebel Music' (From Indiewire Television. 18 November 2013, 7:08 AM, PST)