It's pretty clear now why she got the invite.
"I love Kelly Clarkson," Sen. Chuck Schumer (D-n.Y.) said Friday during a HuffPost Live appearance. Schumer is the chairman of the Joint Congressional Committee on Inaugural Ceremonies, responsible for organizing the main inaugural event every four years.
"And I felt very good about myself, because I listened to her and I said, 'I really like her,' and then only later did I learn she had won 'American Idol,'" Schumer said. "So I was very glad that my tastes were the same as most of America's."
His favorite Clarkson song?
"I never walk too far from the sidewalk, what's that called?" (It's "Because of You.")
But don't ask him to sing it. When asked »
- Ethan Klapper
Similar News Items"American Idol" (2002)
- American Idol: Is This the Most Boring Group of Contestants Ever? (From TVGuide - Breaking News. 11 March 2014, 4:47 PM, PDT)
- Jennifer Lopez says she would let both Ben Affleck and Diddy (hypothetically) drown -- Video (From EW.com - PopWatch. 11 March 2014, 1:54 PM, PDT)
- Jennifer Lopez Talks Love, Family & Aging in InStyle! (From TooFab. 11 March 2014, 12:30 PM, PDT)
- Obama, Galifianakis, Funny Or Die Now Top Referrers To Healthcare.gov (From Tubefilter News. 11 March 2014, 5:44 PM, PDT)
- President Barack Obama is Between Two Ferns with Zach Galifianakis (Video) (From National Ledger. 11 March 2014, 5:16 PM, PDT)
- 'Game of Thrones' showrunners know how the series ends, promise 7 or 8 seasons (From Zap2It - From Inside the Box. 11 March 2014, 3:30 PM, PDT)
- Glee, Ep. 5.10, “Trio” has fans asking why (From SoundOnSight. 8 March 2014, 7:18 AM, PST)
- Where Do Most Runners-up on Reality Talent Shows End Up? (From Vulture. 7 March 2014, 2:05 PM, PST)
- Win: Now That’s What I Call Running 2014 (From Obsessed with Film. 6 March 2014, 6:17 AM, PST)