Robert, best known for playing Proposition Joe on HBO’s ‘The Wire,’ died in Baltimore on Jan. 17 of apparent heart failure.
Robert F. Chew spent five incredible seasons with acclaimed HBO show The Wire, and lost his life in the same city the show took place on Jan. 17. He died while sleeping of apparent heart failure. Tragic news.
The talented actor, who also taught and mentored young actors at the Baltimore Arena Players, was remembered by The Wire‘s creator David Simon. He told The Baltimore Sun, “Robert was not only an exceptional actor, he was an essential part of the film and theater community in Baltimore,” adding, “He could have gone to New York or Los Angeles and commanded a lot more work, but he loved the city as his home and chose to remain here working.”
Though he was best known for playing Proposition Joe on The Wire, »
- Russ Weakland
Similar News Items"The Wire" (2002)
- Behind-the Scenes Photo from Jon Favreau's The Jungle Book (From GeekTyrant. 18 December 2014, 6:00 AM, PST)
- Evangeline Lilly says Ant-Man is in ‘good hands’ with Peyton Reed (From Flickeringmyth. 16 December 2014, 12:47 PM, PST)
- Band Aid Challenge: The Affair's Dominic West Embraces Bob Geldof's New Charity Trend (From PEOPLE.com. 16 December 2014, 9:05 AM, PST)
- Amazon Drops Trailer For Its Original Police Drama ‘Bosch’ (From Tubefilter News. 10 November 2014, 1:58 PM, PST)
- Amazon Drops First Trailer For Cop Drama Series Bosch (From We Got This Covered. 10 November 2014, 12:57 PM, PST)
- The Wire showrunner David Simon says HBO turned down spin-off series (From JoBlo. 17 October 2014, 2:18 PM, PDT)
- Why Is Peter a Girl? An Oral History of ‘Peter Pan’ the Musical (From VH1.com. 2 December 2014, 10:00 AM, PST)
- MovieWeb's 2014 Holiday Gift Guide! (From MovieWeb. 1 December 2014, 12:29 PM, PST)
- Mike Nichols Movies: 18 Essential Films You Should Watch Right Now (From Moviefone. 20 November 2014, 8:30 AM, PST)