Robert, best known for playing Proposition Joe on HBO’s ‘The Wire,’ died in Baltimore on Jan. 17 of apparent heart failure.
Robert F. Chew spent five incredible seasons with acclaimed HBO show The Wire, and lost his life in the same city the show took place on Jan. 17. He died while sleeping of apparent heart failure. Tragic news.
The talented actor, who also taught and mentored young actors at the Baltimore Arena Players, was remembered by The Wire‘s creator David Simon. He told The Baltimore Sun, “Robert was not only an exceptional actor, he was an essential part of the film and theater community in Baltimore,” adding, “He could have gone to New York or Los Angeles and commanded a lot more work, but he loved the city as his home and chose to remain here working.”
Though he was best known for playing Proposition Joe on The Wire, »
- Russ Weakland
Similar News Items"The Wire" (2002)
- Keanu Reeves’ John Wick explodes into theaters today (From Flickeringmyth. 23 October 2014, 10:55 PM, PDT)
- Movie Review: Kill the Messenger (From CinemaNerdz. 23 October 2014, 1:00 PM, PDT)
- Michael Douglas and Evangeline Lilly in new Ant-Man set photo (From Flickeringmyth. 23 October 2014, 12:02 AM, PDT)
- The Wire showrunner David Simon says HBO turned down spin-off series (From JoBlo. 17 October 2014, 2:18 PM, PDT)
- HBO Turned Down The Wire Spin-Off Focusing on Tommy Carcetti; David Simon also Says They Considered a Season Featuring Immigration (From Collider.com. 17 October 2014, 10:33 AM, PDT)
- David Simon Wrote A 'Wire' Spin-Off Focusing On Tommy Carcetti That HBO Turned Down (From The Playlist. 17 October 2014, 8:47 AM, PDT)
- 'Dallas' Canceled By TNT After 3 Seasons (From Uinterview. 5 October 2014, 9:00 PM, PDT)
- Dallas Cancelled by TNT After Third Season Finale (From TheHDRoom. 4 October 2014, 10:23 AM, PDT)
- TNT cancels Dallas (From Flickeringmyth. 4 October 2014, 1:26 AM, PDT)