Robert, best known for playing Proposition Joe on HBO’s ‘The Wire,’ died in Baltimore on Jan. 17 of apparent heart failure.
Robert F. Chew spent five incredible seasons with acclaimed HBO show The Wire, and lost his life in the same city the show took place on Jan. 17. He died while sleeping of apparent heart failure. Tragic news.
The talented actor, who also taught and mentored young actors at the Baltimore Arena Players, was remembered by The Wire‘s creator David Simon. He told The Baltimore Sun, “Robert was not only an exceptional actor, he was an essential part of the film and theater community in Baltimore,” adding, “He could have gone to New York or Los Angeles and commanded a lot more work, but he loved the city as his home and chose to remain here working.”
Though he was best known for playing Proposition Joe on The Wire, »
- Russ Weakland
Similar News Items"The Wire" (2002)
- What’s New on HBO Now: August 2015 (From Vulture. 31 July 2015, 6:46 AM, PDT)
- Empire Season 2: Pop Star Becky G Lands Guest-Starring Role (From TVLine.com. 30 July 2015, 12:13 PM, PDT)
- Michael Douglas is not signed up for any more Marvel movies, but open to return (From Flickeringmyth. 30 July 2015, 9:55 AM, PDT)
- The Leftovers' Ann Dowd Adds Cinemax's Quarry to Her Plate (From TVLine.com. 21 May 2015, 9:46 AM, PDT)
- This week in TV news: The Academy hands down rulings on hourlong comedies (From SoundOnSight. 21 March 2015, 11:21 AM, PDT)
- ‘Bosch’ to get 2nd season on Amazon Prime Instant Video (From Blogomatic3000. 20 March 2015, 12:42 PM, PDT)
- Dick Van Patten, ‘Eight Is Enough’ and ‘Love Boat’ Star, Dies at 86 (From Variety - TV News. 23 June 2015, 7:50 AM, PDT)
- Dick Van Patten, ‘Eight Is Enough’ Star, Dies at 86 (From Variety - Film News. 23 June 2015, 7:50 AM, PDT)
- Is this the worst Pointless answer ever? Watch this contestant's hilarious mix-up (From Digital Spy - TV news. 26 May 2015, 2:32 PM, PDT)