Robert, best known for playing Proposition Joe on HBO’s ‘The Wire,’ died in Baltimore on Jan. 17 of apparent heart failure.
Robert F. Chew spent five incredible seasons with acclaimed HBO show The Wire, and lost his life in the same city the show took place on Jan. 17. He died while sleeping of apparent heart failure. Tragic news.
The talented actor, who also taught and mentored young actors at the Baltimore Arena Players, was remembered by The Wire‘s creator David Simon. He told The Baltimore Sun, “Robert was not only an exceptional actor, he was an essential part of the film and theater community in Baltimore,” adding, “He could have gone to New York or Los Angeles and commanded a lot more work, but he loved the city as his home and chose to remain here working.”
Though he was best known for playing Proposition Joe on The Wire, »
- Russ Weakland
Similar News Items"The Wire" (2002)
- Kerry Washington Is Hounded in New Confirmation Trailer (From E! Online. 12 February 2016, 11:11 AM, PST)
- Four new posters for Finding Dory (From Flickeringmyth. 10 February 2016, 5:20 AM, PST)
- Watch: Everyone's Favorite Characters From Everyone's Favorite Season of 'The Wire' Reunite For Super Bowl Ad (From Indiewire Television. 8 February 2016, 10:16 AM, PST)
- American Sniper’s Cory Hardrict Tapped For Tupac Biopic All Eyez On Me (From We Got This Covered. 28 January 2016, 12:13 PM, PST)
- Cory Hardrict Joins Tupac Shakur Biopic ‘All Eyez on Me’ (Exclusive) (From Variety - Film News. 28 January 2016, 10:46 AM, PST)
- Lauren Cohan joins Tupac Shakur biopic All Eyez on Me (From Flickeringmyth. 16 January 2016, 1:17 PM, PST)
- Kino Lorber to Release Beware! The Blob on Blu-ray / DVD (From DailyDead. 29 January 2016, 4:25 PM, PST)
- M*A*S*H: Wayne Rogers Dead at 82 (From TVSeriesFinale. 31 December 2015, 11:01 PM, PST)
- Interview: Linda Gray of ‘Dallas’ on Larry Hagman & Her New Book ‘The Road to Happiness’ (From HollywoodChicago.com. 6 November 2015, 7:19 AM, PST)