I hate how Cartoon Network breaks up their seasons on DVD. It just seems like the most convoluted and absurd way to please fans. Of course, not being naïve, I would never imagine that Cartoon Network would actually want to please their fanbase (especially when they cancel a brilliant show like Sym-bionic Titan), but I digress. Constant double and triple-dips into a season to produce a cohesive DVD set is probably the most annoying thing a network can do to fans looking to complete a series.
Such is the case with The Amazing World of Gumball. The latest DVD release of The Mystery is the second of what apparently encapsulates the entire first season, plus a handful of additional episodes. It doesn’t make much sense, considering the first season was apparently 18 episodes, but these two DVDs combined equal 24. It doesn’t quite compute.
- Robert Ottone
Similar News ItemsCartoon Network [us]
- Warner Bros names Harry Potter team (From ScreenDaily. 30 July 2014, 4:10 AM, PDT)
- Warner Bros creates Harry Potter team (From ScreenDaily. 30 July 2014, 4:10 AM, PDT)
- Warner Bros. Conjures Up Harry Potter Global Franchise Development Team (From Variety - Film News. 30 July 2014, 3:02 AM, PDT)
"The Amazing World of Gumball" (2011)
- Teaser Trailer for Thunderbirds Are Go! (From GeekTyrant. 26 December 2014, 8:31 AM, PST)
- First Teaser For Thunderbirds Are Go! (From ComicBookMovie. 26 December 2014, 4:09 AM, PST)
- Warner Bros.’ ‘Lego Movie’ Takes BAFTA Kids’ Award (From Variety - TV News. 24 November 2014, 2:01 AM, PST)
"Sym-Bionic Titan" (2010)
- ThunderCats: The Complete Series coming to Blu-ray – Show still missed by fans (From BuzzFocus.com. 28 October 2014, 8:04 AM, PDT)
- First Look: Powerpuff Girls special "Dance Pantsed" (From Indiewire Television. 23 December 2013, 10:40 AM, PST)
- New Mickey Mouse Shorts to Debut in June/July, First 3 Clips from ‘Croissant de Triomphe’ (From HeyUGuys. 18 June 2013, 6:00 AM, PDT)