'Girls' creator Lena Dunham called into the Howard Stern show Wednesday to end their one-sided feud. Stern has referred to the writer as, "a little fat girl who looks like Jonah Hill," before apologizing and claiming he was a super-fan of the HBO hit after it won a Golden Globe award.
There seemed to be no hard feelings when Dunham called into the show to talk to Howard. Defending her body type, Lena tells the host, "I'm not super-thin." However, she jokes, "I'm thin for, like, Detroit." That comment didn't sit well with Yesha Callahan, a writer for "Don't Sleep!" on Bet.
The Daily Beast reports Callahan believes the comment was "borderline racist," saying, "Detroit isn't known for its population of white people." Further, Callahan believes, "She doesn't want to be judged for her size, so she shouldn't judge an entire city on theirs."
Whether Dunham meant to »
Similar News ItemsJonah Hill
- Judd Apatow Wants to Make the Real World as Nice as His Movies (From Village Voice. 26 May 2015, 9:00 PM, PDT)
- News Bits: Arms, Boston, Clank, Down, Bojack (From Dark Horizons. 23 May 2015, 7:07 AM, PDT)
- First Look at Jonah Hill and Miles Teller in Arms and the Dudes (From Worst Previews. 23 May 2015, 3:17 AM, PDT)
- Watch 10 minutes of 'UnReal,' Lifetime's awesome backstage 'Bachelor' show (From Hitfix. 26 May 2015, 1:38 PM, PDT)
- Beyonce, Taylor Swift, Oprah Winfrey Among Forbes' Most Powerful Women for 2015 (From Us Weekly. 26 May 2015, 11:51 AM, PDT)
- Lena Dunham Wears Lingerie and Nothing Else in Sassy Bathroom Photo (From Us Weekly. 26 May 2015, 7:21 AM, PDT)
- Wamg Talks To Shira Dubrovner : Mammoth Lakes Film Festival (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 26 May 2015, 4:05 PM, PDT)
- Lena Dunham Shares a Lingerie Snap With the Perfect Caption (From Popsugar. 26 May 2015, 8:55 AM, PDT)
- Lena Dunham Strips Down to Nothing But Lingerie: "We Are All Very Lucky to Be Free" (From TooFab. 26 May 2015, 8:00 AM, PDT)