'Girls' creator Lena Dunham called into the Howard Stern show Wednesday to end their one-sided feud. Stern has referred to the writer as, "a little fat girl who looks like Jonah Hill," before apologizing and claiming he was a super-fan of the HBO hit after it won a Golden Globe award.
There seemed to be no hard feelings when Dunham called into the show to talk to Howard. Defending her body type, Lena tells the host, "I'm not super-thin." However, she jokes, "I'm thin for, like, Detroit." That comment didn't sit well with Yesha Callahan, a writer for "Don't Sleep!" on Bet.
The Daily Beast reports Callahan believes the comment was "borderline racist," saying, "Detroit isn't known for its population of white people." Further, Callahan believes, "She doesn't want to be judged for her size, so she shouldn't judge an entire city on theirs."
Whether Dunham meant to »
Similar News ItemsJonah Hill
- Cary Fukunaga, Gideon Raff Talk ‘Maniac,’ ‘Prisoners of War 3’ in Mumbai (From Variety - TV News. 25 October 2016, 6:40 PM, PDT)
- Netflix Emma Stone-Jonah Hill Series ‘Maniac’ From Cary Fukunaga Finds Writer (From Deadline TV. 21 October 2016, 2:15 PM, PDT)
- Kevin Pollak, Daryl Sabara Join Dating Movie ‘The Lost Year’ (Exclusive) (From Variety - Film News. 19 October 2016, 3:11 PM, PDT)
- Marvel announces more cast members for The Punisher (From Flickeringmyth. 26 October 2016, 12:50 PM, PDT)
- ‘Jon Glaser Loves Gear’ Star Isn’t A Douchebag, But He Plays One on TV (From Indiewire Television. 26 October 2016, 9:21 AM, PDT)
- ‘Jon Glaser Loves Gear’ Star Isn’t A Douchebag, But He Plays One on TV (From Indiewire. 26 October 2016, 9:21 AM, PDT)
- Gigi Hadid Slams 'Bs' Reports About Her: The Amount of Negativity It Creates Is 'Truly Sad' (From Entertainment Tonight. 26 October 2016, 2:10 PM, PDT)
- James Franco Endorses ‘Most Interesting Woman in the World’ Hillary Clinton in Funny Video (From Indiewire. 26 October 2016, 12:14 PM, PDT)
- Lena Dunham Got Bangs Before You Were Even Awake This Morning (From PEOPLE.com. 25 October 2016, 1:30 PM, PDT)