Paramount Pictures and J.J. Abrams‘ company Bad Robot have acquired the screen rights to The New York Times sports reporter Juliet Macur‘s forthcoming book ‘Cycle of Lies: The Fall of Lance Armstrong’.
Hot on the heels of now-disgraced cyclist an unequivocal and clear admission n a confessional interview with Oprah Winfrey (below) that he took a ‘cocktail’ of banned performance-enhancing drugs, the Lance Armstrong story is getting a renewed push to the big screen.
Macur has covered Armstrong for over a decade, from his recovery from cancer to his capturing seven Tour de France title and the allegations of doping that Armstrong strongly denied. Publication ‘Cycle of Lies’ will be available on June 18th, 2013.
Not too much information to share as yet, but even in this early stage, it is still very exciting.
This isn’t the first project about Armstrong as Sony Pictures had hired Hunger Games director »
- Nick Martin
Similar News ItemsJ.J. Abrams
- Meet The New Actors of 'Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens' (From CineMovie. 18 April 2015, 5:45 PM, PDT)
- Watch 'Star Wars 7' Luke Skywalker Panel with Mark Hamill Live! (From MovieWeb. 18 April 2015, 5:42 PM, PDT)
- 'Star Wars 7' Cast Interviews from 'Star Wars Celebration' (From MovieWeb. 18 April 2015, 4:18 PM, PDT)
Paramount Pictures [us]
- Paramount Poised to Make Chinese Fantasy ‘The Monkey King’ (From Variety - Film News. 17 April 2015, 7:00 AM, PDT)
- Arnold Schwarzenegger Uncovers the Secrets of Terminator Genisys in Second Official Trailer (From ShockYa. 16 April 2015, 10:49 PM, PDT)
- Josh Gad & Jeremy Garelick Set Up Musical at Universal (From MovieWeb. 16 April 2015, 9:40 AM, PDT)
- Oprah Winfrey Network Sues Alleged Imposter for Pretending to Be Media Mogul's Nephew (From E! Online. 17 April 2015, 7:00 PM, PDT)
- Oprah Winfrey Network Sues Florida Con Man for Identity Scam (From The Wrap. 17 April 2015, 2:32 PM, PDT)
- Oprah -- I Won't Be Conned!!! (From TMZ. 17 April 2015, 1:33 PM, PDT)