Paramount Pictures and J.J. Abrams‘ company Bad Robot have acquired the screen rights to The New York Times sports reporter Juliet Macur‘s forthcoming book ‘Cycle of Lies: The Fall of Lance Armstrong’.
Hot on the heels of now-disgraced cyclist an unequivocal and clear admission n a confessional interview with Oprah Winfrey (below) that he took a ‘cocktail’ of banned performance-enhancing drugs, the Lance Armstrong story is getting a renewed push to the big screen.
Macur has covered Armstrong for over a decade, from his recovery from cancer to his capturing seven Tour de France title and the allegations of doping that Armstrong strongly denied. Publication ‘Cycle of Lies’ will be available on June 18th, 2013.
Not too much information to share as yet, but even in this early stage, it is still very exciting.
This isn’t the first project about Armstrong as Sony Pictures had hired Hunger Games director »
- Nick Martin
Similar News ItemsJ.J. Abrams
- Zachary Quinto: Third Star Trek Film Starts Shooting in Six Months (From E! Online. 18 September 2014, 12:09 PM, PDT)
- Batman’s Batmobile Hitches Ride on Millennium Falcon in ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’ (From Variety - Film News. 18 September 2014, 10:48 AM, PDT)
- Holy 'Star Wars,' Batman: Millennium Falcon footage features Batmobile (From EW.com - Inside Movies. 18 September 2014, 10:40 AM, PDT)
Paramount Pictures [us]
- Alexa Platt Returns To Open Road Films After Stint At AwesomenessTV (From Deadline New York. 18 September 2014, 12:01 PM, PDT)
- Chris Rock Comedy ‘Top Five’ Gets December Release Date (From The Wrap. 18 September 2014, 9:56 AM, PDT)
- Yahoo: UK needs cinema-going evolution (From ScreenDaily. 18 September 2014, 9:38 AM, PDT)
- Oprah, Vanessa Williams, and other stars who got their start in beauty pageants (From EW.com - PopWatch. 14 September 2014, 2:42 PM, PDT)
- Bart & Fleming: On Football Violence, And Rethinking Toronto Vs. Telluride Turf War (From Deadline New York. 14 September 2014, 11:43 AM, PDT)
- Michael Ealy To Star In ‘A Civil Right’ For Revolution Media (From Deadline New York. 12 September 2014, 11:41 AM, PDT)