What do Tom Cruise, Ashton Kutcher, and Justin Bieber all have in common? Besides the fact that they are all absurdly rich, they're also members of an exclusive club. All three have fallen victim to a new prank known as "swatting."
The prank is simple and evil. Someone calls a local police department to report an emergency at an address and the police show up. Naturally, when they arrive there is no emergency and their time has been wasted. When your prank call is to the Beverly Hills Police Department and you report "shots fired" at an address, say one belonging to Tom Cruise, the Swat team shows up.
The La Times reports police arrested a 12-year-old boy in December, believing he was responsible for several "swatting" calls, including those to Bieber and Kutcher. Other victims of the prank include Charlie Sheen, Simon Cowell, and Miley Cyrus.
Cruise wasn't home »
Similar News ItemsJustin Bieber
- Justin Bieber -- Beverly Hills Cops School Condo Residents on Bieber Trouble (From TMZ. 29 July 2014, 8:03 AM, PDT)
- Justin Bieber -- Sketchy 'Stache Attempt Unveiled (From TMZ. 29 July 2014, 12:02 AM, PDT)
- Fan Who Threatened to Kill Michael Strahan Rants in Court: My Lawyer Is Illuminati (From The Wrap. 28 July 2014, 7:26 PM, PDT)
- BBFC launches 12A cinema advert (From ScreenDaily. 29 July 2014, 5:37 AM, PDT)
- BBFC launch 12A cinema advert (From ScreenDaily. 29 July 2014, 5:37 AM, PDT)
- Jordin Sparks, Common and the Fashion Police Guess Celebs From Pictures of Their Behinds—See the Outrageous Clip! (From E! Online. 28 July 2014, 4:16 PM, PDT)
- Hilary Duff Dreams of Bikinis and Beach Days in ‘Chasing the Sun’ Music Video (From The Wrap. 29 July 2014, 9:00 AM, PDT)
- Brand? Oh… (t) (From Hope for Film (t). 29 July 2014, 5:15 AM, PDT)
- Miley Cyrus and Bff Cheyne Thomas Give Each Other Tattoos—See the Pics! (From E! Online. 28 July 2014, 4:52 PM, PDT)