What do Tom Cruise, Ashton Kutcher, and Justin Bieber all have in common? Besides the fact that they are all absurdly rich, they're also members of an exclusive club. All three have fallen victim to a new prank known as "swatting."
The prank is simple and evil. Someone calls a local police department to report an emergency at an address and the police show up. Naturally, when they arrive there is no emergency and their time has been wasted. When your prank call is to the Beverly Hills Police Department and you report "shots fired" at an address, say one belonging to Tom Cruise, the Swat team shows up.
The La Times reports police arrested a 12-year-old boy in December, believing he was responsible for several "swatting" calls, including those to Bieber and Kutcher. Other victims of the prank include Charlie Sheen, Simon Cowell, and Miley Cyrus.
Cruise wasn't home »
Similar News ItemsJustin Bieber
- 15 Celebrities Who Gallantly Decided to Crash a Commoner's Wedding (From Popsugar. 26 September 2016, 12:05 PM, PDT)
- Lea Michele Talks Getting Naked - and Reveals Which Costar Gave Her a Lap Dance (From PEOPLE.com. 26 September 2016, 7:15 AM, PDT)
- Miley Cyrus and Billy Idol Give Us More, More, More While Performing "Rebel Yell" (From BuzzSugar. 26 September 2016, 6:39 AM, PDT)
- Revisiting Hollywood's Biggest Prenup Payouts (From E! Online. 26 September 2016, 1:18 PM, PDT)
- Denzel Washington, Tom Hanks Make a Case for Star Power (From Variety - Film News. 25 September 2016, 12:03 PM, PDT)
- Louis Theroux’s My Scientology Movie gets a new poster (From Flickeringmyth. 24 September 2016, 10:15 AM, PDT)
- ‘Crisis In Six Scenes’ Critical Roundup: Reviewers Not Impressed With Woody Allen’s TV Debut (From Indiewire Television. 26 September 2016, 2:19 PM, PDT)
- ‘Crisis In Six Scenes’ Critical Roundup: Reviewers Not Impressed With Woody Allen’s TV Debut (From Indiewire. 26 September 2016, 2:19 PM, PDT)
- Our Staff Picks: TV Shows to Watch the Week of Sept. 26, 2016 (From Variety - TV News. 26 September 2016, 1:36 PM, PDT)