What do Tom Cruise, Ashton Kutcher, and Justin Bieber all have in common? Besides the fact that they are all absurdly rich, they're also members of an exclusive club. All three have fallen victim to a new prank known as "swatting."
The prank is simple and evil. Someone calls a local police department to report an emergency at an address and the police show up. Naturally, when they arrive there is no emergency and their time has been wasted. When your prank call is to the Beverly Hills Police Department and you report "shots fired" at an address, say one belonging to Tom Cruise, the Swat team shows up.
The La Times reports police arrested a 12-year-old boy in December, believing he was responsible for several "swatting" calls, including those to Bieber and Kutcher. Other victims of the prank include Charlie Sheen, Simon Cowell, and Miley Cyrus.
Cruise wasn't home »
Similar News ItemsJustin Bieber
- DJ Khaled Flies for First Time in 10 Years – All Thanks to Son Asahd: He 'Made Me Overcome My Fear' (From PEOPLE.com. 23 August 2017, 6:28 AM, PDT)
- K-Pop Phenom Bts Unveils Justin Bieber Cover And The Twitterverse Can’t Handle It (From ET Canada. 22 August 2017, 2:02 PM, PDT)
- Watch ‘Sesame Street’ Parody Luis Fonsi’s ‘Despacito’ (From Variety - TV News. 22 August 2017, 1:40 PM, PDT)
- American Made review – maverick Tom Cruise feels the need for speed in flashy thriller (From The Guardian - Film News. 23 August 2017, 8:00 AM, PDT)
- Doug Liman Says ‘Edge of Tomorow’ Sequel Couldn’t Have Happened Without Fans (From The Playlist. 23 August 2017, 6:23 AM, PDT)
- Film reviews round-up: Detroit, American Made, In Bed with Victoria, Bushwick (From The Independent. 23 August 2017, 5:52 AM, PDT)
- Inside the Biggest MTV Vma Controversies Over the Years (From E! Online. 23 August 2017, 4:00 AM, PDT)
- Maisie Williams and Sophie Turner Can't Keep It Together While Imitating Got Characters (From Popsugar. 22 August 2017, 2:59 PM, PDT)
- Review: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (From Comicmix. 22 August 2017, 1:03 PM, PDT)