What do Tom Cruise, Ashton Kutcher, and Justin Bieber all have in common? Besides the fact that they are all absurdly rich, they're also members of an exclusive club. All three have fallen victim to a new prank known as "swatting."
The prank is simple and evil. Someone calls a local police department to report an emergency at an address and the police show up. Naturally, when they arrive there is no emergency and their time has been wasted. When your prank call is to the Beverly Hills Police Department and you report "shots fired" at an address, say one belonging to Tom Cruise, the Swat team shows up.
The La Times reports police arrested a 12-year-old boy in December, believing he was responsible for several "swatting" calls, including those to Bieber and Kutcher. Other victims of the prank include Charlie Sheen, Simon Cowell, and Miley Cyrus.
Cruise wasn't home »
Similar News ItemsJustin Bieber
- Summer Music's Winners & Losers: Mariah, Iggy, Ariana, Charli, J-Lo and... Bieber (From Hitfix. 1 September 2014, 2:13 PM, PDT)
- Evidence Found Against Justin Bieber In Phone Snatching Case (From iCelebz. 31 August 2014, 10:47 PM, PDT)
- Justin Bieber Slammed By Gloria Allred: Attorney Claims To Have Video Evidence Of Alleged Dave & Buster’s Incident (From GossipCop. 31 August 2014, 9:48 AM, PDT)
- 5 Summer Box Office Takeaways: Marvel Rules, China Rises and Stars Matter (From Variety - Film News. 1 September 2014, 10:37 AM, PDT)
- 20 Little Known Facts That Will Make You See Famous Actors Differently (From Obsessed with Film. 1 September 2014, 6:54 AM, PDT)
- 3 of the Greatest Book to Movie Adaptations (From Flickeringmyth. 1 September 2014, 6:27 AM, PDT)
- Mindy Newell: The Spider-Woman Scandal – A Different View (From Comicmix. 1 September 2014, 5:00 AM, PDT)
- 35+ Stars Who Flaunt Their Bikini Bodies on Social Media (From Popsugar. 1 September 2014, 3:13 AM, PDT)
- Miley Cyrus Reveals She Still Loves Liam (From iCelebz. 31 August 2014, 10:48 PM, PDT)