What do Tom Cruise, Ashton Kutcher, and Justin Bieber all have in common? Besides the fact that they are all absurdly rich, they're also members of an exclusive club. All three have fallen victim to a new prank known as "swatting."
The prank is simple and evil. Someone calls a local police department to report an emergency at an address and the police show up. Naturally, when they arrive there is no emergency and their time has been wasted. When your prank call is to the Beverly Hills Police Department and you report "shots fired" at an address, say one belonging to Tom Cruise, the Swat team shows up.
The La Times reports police arrested a 12-year-old boy in December, believing he was responsible for several "swatting" calls, including those to Bieber and Kutcher. Other victims of the prank include Charlie Sheen, Simon Cowell, and Miley Cyrus.
Cruise wasn't home »
Similar News ItemsJustin Bieber
- 5 Seconds of Summer's Calum Hood Admits to Naked Photos (From Entertainment Tonight. 29 August 2014, 11:28 AM, PDT)
- Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez Hold Hands in Canada Before Horseback Riding Trip: See the Pics! (From E! Online. 28 August 2014, 4:41 PM, PDT)
- 6 Reasons You're the Worst Is the Best New Show You're Not Watching (From BuzzSugar. 28 August 2014, 1:50 PM, PDT)
- 8 Reasons It's Time to Let the Angelina Jolie and Jennifer Aniston Feud Die (From E! Online. 28 August 2014, 3:30 PM, PDT)
- The Simpsons top 50 episodes (From Den of Geek. 28 August 2014, 8:33 AM, PDT)
- Details For ‘Edge Of Tomorrow’ Blu-ray, DVD & Limited Edition Blu-Ray 3D Steelbook (From The Hollywood News. 27 August 2014, 7:00 AM, PDT)
- Miley’s Homeless Friend Turns Himself Into the Police (From Vulture. 29 August 2014, 11:30 AM, PDT)
- The Summer of Butts: An exhaustive booty trend timeline (From EW.com - PopWatch. 29 August 2014, 11:00 AM, PDT)
- Miley Cyrus's VMAs Date Turns Himself In and Posts Bail (From PEOPLE.com. 29 August 2014, 8:25 AM, PDT)