For the horror movie from executive producer Guillermo del Toro, Chastain slipped into an entirely new persona, donning a short black wig and covering her arms in tattoos.
When MTV News spoke with Chastain about the look, she walked us through the development of her character, Annabel, and the real-life inspiration for her signature style.
"It's on the page that Annabel plays punk, and she plays bass in a punk band. She's not like Lisbeth Salander. She's not hardcore, full-on. She's like the girl who went to community college, hangs out with her friends, loves punk music, »
- Kevin P. Sullivan
Similar News ItemsGuillermo del Toro
- Madame Bovary Trailer: Mia Wasikowska Sells Us on Another Costume Drama (From FilmSchoolRejects. 30 January 2015, 9:35 AM, PST)
- ‘American Sniper’ Blowout Boosts Hopes for Record 2015 Box Office (From The Wrap. 29 January 2015, 12:22 PM, PST)
- Emma Watson is Belle in Disney's Live-Action Beauty and the Beast Film (From Worst Previews. 29 January 2015, 1:15 AM, PST)
- Movie Review – A Most Violent Year (2014) (From Flickeringmyth. 31 January 2015, 1:48 AM, PST)
- Exclusive: A closer look at the cast of 'A Most Violent Year' (From Hitfix. 30 January 2015, 10:42 AM, PST)
- 'Sniper' Set to Three-Peat Over Super Bowl Weekend (From BoxOfficeMojo.com. 29 January 2015, 5:45 PM, PST)
- 12 sci-fi and horror shorts turned into feature films (From Den of Geek. 2 December 2014, 5:41 AM, PST)
- Blood List Names ‘Bird Box’ Best 2014 Genre Script; Adds Pilots, Books (From Deadline New York. 31 October 2014, 7:00 AM, PDT)
- Sony Signs ‘Mama’ Director to Shadow of the Colossus Adaptation (From DailyDead. 5 September 2014, 7:25 AM, PDT)