For the horror movie from executive producer Guillermo del Toro, Chastain slipped into an entirely new persona, donning a short black wig and covering her arms in tattoos.
When MTV News spoke with Chastain about the look, she walked us through the development of her character, Annabel, and the real-life inspiration for her signature style.
"It's on the page that Annabel plays punk, and she plays bass in a punk band. She's not like Lisbeth Salander. She's not hardcore, full-on. She's like the girl who went to community college, hangs out with her friends, loves punk music, »
- Kevin P. Sullivan
Similar News ItemsGuillermo del Toro
- Two exclusive tracks from Mondo's Death Waltz vinyl release of 'The Guest' (From Hitfix. 24 April 2015, 12:20 PM, PDT)
- Universal Shifts 'Warcraft,' 'Pacific Rim 2' & 'Mummy' Reboot Dates (From FirstShowing.net. 24 April 2015, 8:00 AM, PDT)
- Universal Monsters Delayed Along With Pacific Rim 2 And Warcraft (From We Got This Covered. 24 April 2015, 7:48 AM, PDT)
- First footage shown of The Revenant, The Martian, Joy at CinemaCon (From Cineplex. 24 April 2015, 9:20 AM, PDT)
- 20th Century Fox Releases Official Synopses For Kung Fu Panda 3, Ridley Scott’s The Martian And More (From We Got This Covered. 24 April 2015, 8:50 AM, PDT)
- The most awesome female leads on Netflix (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 24 April 2015, 2:00 AM, PDT)
- Stephen King’s Short Story ‘The Jaunt’ Feature Film Adaptation In Development, Andrés Muschietti to Direct (From DailyDead. 13 March 2015, 9:30 AM, PDT)
- 12 sci-fi and horror shorts turned into feature films (From Den of Geek. 2 December 2014, 5:41 AM, PST)
- Blood List Names ‘Bird Box’ Best 2014 Genre Script; Adds Pilots, Books (From Deadline. 31 October 2014, 7:00 AM, PDT)