Directed by: Andrés Muschietti
Like most horror fans, I await any film with Guillermo del Toro's name attached to it. The man knows and loves the genre and has a deep respect for its fans. So, because del Toro is "presenting" the new film Mama, I went in wanting to love it. But the flick is so bloated with pointless scenes, superficial characters and cheap jump scares, it never generates any sense of suspense or fear.
Mama is set during the recent stock market collapse, after Jeffrey (Nikolaj Coster-Waldau), whose firm is suffering heavy losses, shoots several people at his office. He flees to the home of his estranged wife, kills her and drives off with their two daughters, Victoria and Lilly.
On an ice-covered mountain pass, Jeffrey loses control of the car, »
- Chris McMillan
Similar News ItemsGuillermo del Toro
- Watch the first trailer for Michael Bay’s ’13 Hours’ (From The Hollywood News. 29 July 2015, 4:07 AM, PDT)
- The Strain, Ep. 2.01-2.03: Abraham remains series’ best character (From SoundOnSight. 27 July 2015, 3:58 PM, PDT)
- Weekly News Roundup: Science supports gaming, Kojima and Del Toro team up, and more (From SoundOnSight. 27 July 2015, 4:43 AM, PDT)
- 'The Martian' Photos Strand Matt Damon on Mars (From MovieWeb. 29 July 2015, 4:23 PM, PDT)
- Two new images from Ridley Scott’s The Martian (From Flickeringmyth. 29 July 2015, 7:17 AM, PDT)
- 'The Martian,' 'Black Mass' Lead Toronto Film Festival Lineup (From Rolling Stone. 28 July 2015, 9:05 AM, PDT)
- The Rocky Road of Loving Jaime Lannister (From BuzzSugar. 27 July 2015, 2:14 PM, PDT)
- 24 Knee-Weakening Snaps of Game of Thrones Star Nikolaj Coster-Waldau (From Popsugar. 24 July 2015, 1:55 PM, PDT)
- Thriller ‘Edge of Normal’ Being Adapted as Movie (Exclusive) (From Variety - Film News. 17 July 2015, 7:45 AM, PDT)