Directed by: Andrés Muschietti
Like most horror fans, I await any film with Guillermo del Toro's name attached to it. The man knows and loves the genre and has a deep respect for its fans. So, because del Toro is "presenting" the new film Mama, I went in wanting to love it. But the flick is so bloated with pointless scenes, superficial characters and cheap jump scares, it never generates any sense of suspense or fear.
Mama is set during the recent stock market collapse, after Jeffrey (Nikolaj Coster-Waldau), whose firm is suffering heavy losses, shoots several people at his office. He flees to the home of his estranged wife, kills her and drives off with their two daughters, Victoria and Lilly.
On an ice-covered mountain pass, Jeffrey loses control of the car, »
- Chris McMillan
Similar News ItemsGuillermo del Toro
- 20 years ago today: The ‘Doctor Who’ TV movie was a light in the dark 1990s (From Hitfix. 27 May 2016, 7:30 AM, PDT)
- 2016 Fantasia International Film Festival Announces First Wave Films; Celebrating Guillermo del Toro (From Dread Central. 26 May 2016, 12:38 PM, PDT)
- Steven Soderbergh’s Nascar Drama Logan Lucky Eyeing Daniel Craig, Jamie Bell Tipped For James Bond Role (From We Got This Covered. 26 May 2016, 11:39 AM, PDT)
- 10 Movies to Stream on Memorial Day (From Rolling Stone. 30 May 2016, 6:00 AM, PDT)
- Gloria Sanchez Productions Offers Female-Centric Filmmaking (From Variety - Film News. 27 May 2016, 10:00 AM, PDT)
- Celebrate Xavier Dolan's big Cannes win with five essential Canadian films (From Cineplex. 24 May 2016, 9:42 AM, PDT)
- Go Inside the Episode of Game of Thrones Season 6 Episode 6 – ‘Blood of My Blood’ (From Flickeringmyth. 30 May 2016, 2:15 PM, PDT)
- Winter is Blogging 6.6: Blood of My Blood [Contains Spoilers] (From The Hollywood News. 30 May 2016, 2:09 PM, PDT)
- Gods Of Egypt Blu-Ray Review (From We Got This Covered. 30 May 2016, 11:09 AM, PDT)