Yoko Ono and Susan Sarandon joined Sean Lennon in an act to oppose drilling for gas in New York. The trio took a tour bus from New York City to Susquehanna County in Pennsylvania to look at gas wells, compressor stations and other aspects of "the Marcellus Shale drilling boom," the Associated Press reports.
The intention of their trip was to see if people have been affected in a negative way by the gas drilling industry. They saw various drilling sites around northern Pennsylvania, where "thousands of wells have been drilled and hydraulically fractured in recent years."
Ono and Lennon started a group called "Artists Against Fracking" to oppose drilling in the state of New York, where they own a farm. "We hope that what's happened [in Pennsylvania] will be a lesson for New Yorkers," Lennon says. "I hope that New Yorkers will learn from this and tell Gov. [Andrew] Cuomo that it's »
Similar News ItemsSusan Sarandon
- Arthouse Box Office: Niche Ethnic Releases Overpower Specialty Openers (From Indiewire. 30 April 2017, 10:26 AM, PDT)
- Animated comedy Spark gets a new UK trailer (From Flickeringmyth. 29 April 2017, 11:00 PM, PDT)
- Concept and storyboard art for My Entire High School Sinking Into The Sea (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 29 April 2017, 2:18 PM, PDT)
Yoko Ono (I)
- Wes Anderson’s Isle of Dogs gets April 2018 release date (From Flickeringmyth. 26 April 2017, 12:45 AM, PDT)
- Fox Searchlight set release date for Wes Anderson’s next, Isle Of Dogs (From The Hollywood News. 25 April 2017, 11:30 PM, PDT)
- Fox Searchlight to release Wes Anderson's 'Isle Of Dogs' (From ScreenDaily. 25 April 2017, 2:18 PM, PDT)
Sean Lennon (I)
- Lana Del Rey Talks New Album, Working With The Weeknd And Sean Lennon In Interview With Courtney Love (From ET Canada. 19 April 2017, 6:36 AM, PDT)
- Todd Fisher: Debbie Reynolds Asked 'Permission to Leave' After Carrie's Death (From Rolling Stone. 22 March 2017, 5:19 PM, PDT)
- ‘Biography’ Franchise Returns as Event Programming Across A+E Networks Channels (Exclusive) (From Variety - TV News. 21 March 2017, 9:00 AM, PDT)