Tommy Lee Jones in right in the middle of an Oscar race thanks to his performance in the historical drama "Lincoln." So what could he possibly do to top his role as abolitionist senator Thaddeus Stevens? Well, how about playing American icon General MacArthur in the upcoming historical drama "The Emperor?"
And as this new trailer show, they might as well start engraving his name on the Oscar right now.
Of course, like with "Lincoln," that will have to be for Supporting Actor, as "Lost's" Matthew Fox actually headlines "The Emperor." But this looks to be just the kind of movie the Academy loves, as Fox plays an aide to MacArthur who is tasked with investigating the role of Emperor Hirohito in conducting World War II. And he's got just ten days to find answers before MacArthur has to decide the future of Japan.
That's a tricky proposition. Deciding »
- Scott Harris
Similar News Items"Lost" (2004)
- Interview: Johnny Sequoyah and Jake McLaughlin of NBC’s “Believe” (From ChannelGuideMag. 7 March 2014, 6:00 AM, PST)
- Harold Perrineau, Lucy Griffiths and More Cast in Major Roles for NBC’s Constantine (From HeyUGuys. 7 March 2014, 3:30 AM, PST)
- Resurrection Bosses: The Dead's Return Is Not About "Why," But "What If?" (From TVGuide - Breaking News. 6 March 2014, 5:25 PM, PST)
Tommy Lee Jones
- News Nuggets: Next big Oscar contenders are Angelina Jolie, Johnny Depp, Meryl Streep (again)? (From Gold Derby. 4 March 2014, 3:17 PM, PST)
- 12th Annual Tsr Movie Awards – Final Results – 2013 Films (From Scorecard Review. 2 March 2014, 11:40 AM, PST)
- McConaughey and Leto Poised to Make History on Oscar Night (From Scott Feinberg. 28 February 2014, 6:45 AM, PST)
Matthew Fox (I)
- Matthew Fox: 'I was treading on eggshells around Tommy Lee Jones' (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 22 February 2014, 1:30 AM, PST)
- Things Get Hairy for Matthew Fox in Welcome to Harmony (From Dread Central. 21 February 2014, 3:01 PM, PST)
- Early Artwork Offers You a Welcome to Harmony (From Dread Central. 10 February 2014, 2:33 PM, PST)