Tommy Lee Jones in right in the middle of an Oscar race thanks to his performance in the historical drama "Lincoln." So what could he possibly do to top his role as abolitionist senator Thaddeus Stevens? Well, how about playing American icon General MacArthur in the upcoming historical drama "The Emperor?"
And as this new trailer show, they might as well start engraving his name on the Oscar right now.
Of course, like with "Lincoln," that will have to be for Supporting Actor, as "Lost's" Matthew Fox actually headlines "The Emperor." But this looks to be just the kind of movie the Academy loves, as Fox plays an aide to MacArthur who is tasked with investigating the role of Emperor Hirohito in conducting World War II. And he's got just ten days to find answers before MacArthur has to decide the future of Japan.
That's a tricky proposition. Deciding »
- Scott Harris
Similar News Items"Lost" (2004)
- Topps reveals new Star Wars: The Force Awakens promo images (From Flickeringmyth. 4 September 2015, 1:28 PM, PDT)
- Keith David Books Lead Role in Own's Mega-Church Drama, 'Greenleaf' (From ShadowAndAct. 4 September 2015, 9:18 AM, PDT)
- Keith David Books Lead Role in Own's Mega-Church Drama, 'Greenleaf' (From Indiewire Television. 4 September 2015, 9:18 AM, PDT)
Tommy Lee Jones
- Vincent Cassel to play the villain in Bourne 5 (From Flickeringmyth. 3 September 2015, 3:29 AM, PDT)
- Vincent Cassel is Main Villain in New Jason Bourne Film (From Worst Previews. 2 September 2015, 11:45 PM, PDT)
- Vincent Cassel set to battle Matt Damon as Paul Greengrass returns to 'Bourne' (From Hitfix. 2 September 2015, 12:40 PM, PDT)
Matthew Fox (I)
- Vaca Films, Atresmedia Cine Develop Next Dani de la Torre Title (Exclusive) (From Variety - Film News. 4 September 2015, 10:12 PM, PDT)
- Beyond Fest 2015 to Feature 35mm Screenings of The Evil Dead and Evil Dead II (From DailyDead. 3 September 2015, 11:00 AM, PDT)
- Round-Up: Turbo Kid UK Blu-ray, Exclusive Extinction Clip, It Came From Candi’S Lab Web Series (From DailyDead. 27 August 2015, 7:59 AM, PDT)