Tommy Lee Jones in right in the middle of an Oscar race thanks to his performance in the historical drama "Lincoln." So what could he possibly do to top his role as abolitionist senator Thaddeus Stevens? Well, how about playing American icon General MacArthur in the upcoming historical drama "The Emperor?"
And as this new trailer show, they might as well start engraving his name on the Oscar right now.
Of course, like with "Lincoln," that will have to be for Supporting Actor, as "Lost's" Matthew Fox actually headlines "The Emperor." But this looks to be just the kind of movie the Academy loves, as Fox plays an aide to MacArthur who is tasked with investigating the role of Emperor Hirohito in conducting World War II. And he's got just ten days to find answers before MacArthur has to decide the future of Japan.
That's a tricky proposition. Deciding »
- Scott Harris
Similar News Items"Lost" (2004)
- Three Years Later, People Are Still Livid About 'Lost' (From Huffington Post. 23 May 2013, 4:33 PM, PDT)
- DirecTV Comes Full Circle With David Boreanaz, Kate Walsh, Julian McMahon and More (From TVLine.com. 23 May 2013, 2:48 PM, PDT)
- Damon Lindelof Reflects on Lost Finale (From TVfanatic. 23 May 2013, 12:27 PM, PDT)
Tommy Lee Jones
- Hot Markets Drive Biz (From Variety - Film News. 18 May 2013, 3:18 PM, PDT)
- Sony Flies With Angry Birds Film (From EmpireOnline. 15 May 2013, 12:11 PM, PDT)
- Captain America: The Winter Soldier Peggy Carter One-Shot Plans Revealed (From MovieWeb. 15 May 2013, 10:21 AM, PDT)
Matthew Fox (I)
- Positive World War Z Buzz Feasts on the Flesh of the Past Negativity (From Dread Central. 23 May 2013, 6:43 PM, PDT)
- New World War Z Poster and Photos with Brad Pitt (From MovieWeb. 23 May 2013, 3:01 PM, PDT)
- Paramount Releases a Whole Slew of TV Spots for World War Z (From ScifiMafia. 23 May 2013, 3:00 PM, PDT)