Tommy Lee Jones in right in the middle of an Oscar race thanks to his performance in the historical drama "Lincoln." So what could he possibly do to top his role as abolitionist senator Thaddeus Stevens? Well, how about playing American icon General MacArthur in the upcoming historical drama "The Emperor?"
And as this new trailer show, they might as well start engraving his name on the Oscar right now.
Of course, like with "Lincoln," that will have to be for Supporting Actor, as "Lost's" Matthew Fox actually headlines "The Emperor." But this looks to be just the kind of movie the Academy loves, as Fox plays an aide to MacArthur who is tasked with investigating the role of Emperor Hirohito in conducting World War II. And he's got just ten days to find answers before MacArthur has to decide the future of Japan.
That's a tricky proposition. Deciding »
- Scott Harris
Similar News Items"Lost" (2004)
- Josh Holloway’s Family ‘All Sleep in the Same Room’: ‘I Wake Up Thinking About How Beautiful My Children Are’ (From PEOPLE.com. 17 January 2017, 10:55 AM, PST)
- Chewbacca tears off Unkar Plutt’s arm in deleted scene from Star Wars: The Force Awakens (From Flickeringmyth. 14 January 2017, 2:15 PM, PST)
- Tangled sequel series Tangled: Before Ever After gets a new trailer (From Flickeringmyth. 14 January 2017, 1:20 AM, PST)
Tommy Lee Jones
- Batman Forever: the version we never got to see (From Den of Geek. 12 January 2017, 1:52 PM, PST)
- Watch Meryl Streep's Powerful Golden Globes Speech (From MovieWeb. 8 January 2017, 11:35 PM, PST)
- La La Land Sweeps Golden Globes Awards With Record Seven Wins (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 8 January 2017, 8:41 PM, PST)
Matthew Fox (I)
- Four Director’s Cuts I Want To See (From Flickeringmyth. 14 January 2017, 5:50 AM, PST)
- The underrated film acting performances of 2016 (From Den of Geek. 4 January 2017, 1:39 PM, PST)
- ‘Lost’ Recut Trailer Suggests That the Mystery Island Was Funnier Than We Remember (From Indiewire Television. 11 December 2016, 1:57 PM, PST)