Tommy Lee Jones in right in the middle of an Oscar race thanks to his performance in the historical drama "Lincoln." So what could he possibly do to top his role as abolitionist senator Thaddeus Stevens? Well, how about playing American icon General MacArthur in the upcoming historical drama "The Emperor?"
And as this new trailer show, they might as well start engraving his name on the Oscar right now.
Of course, like with "Lincoln," that will have to be for Supporting Actor, as "Lost's" Matthew Fox actually headlines "The Emperor." But this looks to be just the kind of movie the Academy loves, as Fox plays an aide to MacArthur who is tasked with investigating the role of Emperor Hirohito in conducting World War II. And he's got just ten days to find answers before MacArthur has to decide the future of Japan.
That's a tricky proposition. Deciding »
- Scott Harris
Similar News Items"Lost" (2004)
- Stephen King’s Finders Keepers Cover Art Revealed (From DailyDead. 30 January 2015, 10:39 AM, PST)
- Tomorrowland Super Bowl Big Game Spot Preview (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 29 January 2015, 12:58 PM, PST)
- Exclusive look at Tomorrowland during the Big Game (From Hollywoodnews.com. 29 January 2015, 9:00 AM, PST)
Tommy Lee Jones
- The Definitive Movies of 1995 (From SoundOnSight. 30 January 2015, 8:01 PM, PST)
- SAG-o-Metrics: Predicting the Acting Oscars Based on SAG Nominations (Infographic) (From PEOPLE.com. 23 January 2015, 5:40 AM, PST)
- ‘Boyhood’ to Receive Variety’s Creative Impact in Cinema Award (From Variety - Film News. 21 January 2015, 7:00 AM, PST)
Matthew Fox (I)
- Horror Round-Up: Spring, Backcountry, Dark Was the Night (From DailyDead. 28 January 2015, 9:06 AM, PST)
- Chris Evans vs. Chris Pratt: The Super Bowl bet to end all Super Bowl bets (From Cineplex. 22 January 2015, 7:58 AM, PST)
- Broadchurch and the business of keeping secrets on TV (From Digital Spy - TV news. 12 January 2015, 7:20 AM, PST)