Django Unchained, 2012.
Written and Directed by Quentin Tarantino.
With the help of a German bounty hunter, a freed slave sets out to rescue his wife from a brutal Mississippi plantation owner.
Quentin Tarantino is not afraid of controversy. Just as he did when approaching Nazism in Inglourious Basterds, Django Unchained breaches the delicate issue of slavery with all the subtlety that one would expect from the man that killed Hitler. It becomes clear early on that he is not interested in painting white slave-owners as flawed men, or products of a broken society. They are, instead, entirely malevolent; missing only a twirly moustache and cape. The twisted Calvin J. Candie (Leonardo DiCaprio) resides in Candyland, walls red as Hell, and when he’s not »
Similar News ItemsLeonardo DiCaprio
- Golden Globes 2014: full list of nominations (From The Guardian - Film News. 12 December 2013, 6:21 AM, PST)
- Golden Globe Award Nominations 2014: Kerry Washington & More (From HollywoodLife. 12 December 2013, 6:18 AM, PST)
- 2013 Golden Globe Nominees Revealed (From Entertainment Tonight. 12 December 2013, 6:15 AM, PST)
Samuel L. Jackson
- Samuel L. Jackson Up For Role In ‘Tarzan’ Reboot (From LatinoReview. 12 December 2013, 1:51 AM, PST)
- Casting Net: Sandra Bullock in talks to join a George Clooney project; Plus, Jason Segel cast as David Foster Wallace, more (From EW.com - Inside Movies. 11 December 2013, 6:43 PM, PST)
- Samuel L. Jackson In Talks For David Yates' Tarzan; Margot Robbie Still Favourite For 'Jane' (From ComicBookMovie. 11 December 2013, 6:07 PM, PST)
- Samuel L. Jackson In Talks To Join Alexander Skarsgard For David Yates' Tarzan (From Cinema Blend. 11 December 2013, 2:18 PM, PST)
- Quentin Tarantino: ‘The Easiest Way to Kill a Cult Is to Make That Cult Accessible’ (From Variety - Film News. 11 December 2013, 11:50 AM, PST)
- U.S. Trailer for Quentin Tarantino's Favorite Film of 2013 - Big Bad Wolves (From GeekTyrant. 11 December 2013, 9:00 AM, PST)