Paul Dano ("There Will Be Blood," "Ruby Sparks," "Looper") will play the role of Brian Wilson in a forthcoming movie about the Beach Boys, THR reports. Bill Pohland will direct "Love & Mercy," a film that will focus on Wilson's life.
The movie depicts Wilson's career trajectory and his relationship with his wife, Melinda. Wilson's well-documented struggle with mental illness also figures prominently in the script. Two actors will actually play Wilson in the film. Dano will portray the younger Wilson, and the older has yet to be cast.
Pohland previously produced "The Tree of Life" and "Into the Wild."
The Beach Boys had a dramatic 2012, coming off of a hot reunion tour and subsequently splitting up. Member Mike Love elected not to include three other members in post-50th Reunion Tour events, releasing the following statement: "The post-50th anniversary configuration will not include Brian Wilson, Al Jardine and David Marks. »
- Kia Makarechi
Similar News ItemsThe Tree of Life (2011)
- Watch: 2 New Clips From David Gordon Green’s ‘Joe’ Starring Nicolas Cage, Plus New Photos (From The Playlist. 6 March 2014, 1:22 PM, PST)
- Oscar Crafts: A Big Night for 'Gravity' (From The Hollywood Reporter. 2 March 2014, 8:51 PM, PST)
- Emmanuel Lubezki ('Gravity') finally wins Best Cinematography Oscar on 6th try (From Gold Derby. 2 March 2014, 7:31 PM, PST)
- ’12 Years A Slave’ Film To Become Part Of Us National Curriculum (From The Hollywood News. 28 February 2014, 10:17 AM, PST)
- Stream Past Independent Spirit Awards Nominees Online for Free (From Indiewire. 28 February 2014, 7:13 AM, PST)
- The Diamond Brothers Dissect the Blackmagic Production Camera 4K (From Filmmaker Magazine. 27 February 2014, 12:30 PM, PST)
- Neo-Noir Lives on in New Official Trailer for Sin City: A Dame to Kill For (From Horror Asylum. 8 March 2014)
- Exclusive: Actor Marc Senter Talks 'Starry Eyes' (From FEARnet. 7 March 2014, 12:30 PM, PST)
- 'He dies like 200 times': Tom Cruise's comedy routine in Edge of Tomorrow (From The Guardian - Film News. 7 March 2014, 5:23 AM, PST)