In terms of horror, 2012 was a woeful year, particularly within the mainstream, with only the likes of Cabin In The Woods and Sinister being genuinely effective in releasing the fear (and fun) from the genre. However, with festivals such as London’s FrightFest and Manchester’s GrimmFest giving fans the chance to view many impressive upcoming efforts, one that stood out from most was Jen and Sylvia Soska’s American Mary (read our review Here), the follow-up to their exploitation effort, Dead Hooker In A Trunk.
The film sees Ginger Snaps actress, Katharine Isabelle, give a memorable performance as Mary Mason, a young medical student pushed to the limit when keeping up with the demands of her dream profession. She chooses a path involving some unique individuals, and things take a turn for the worse when a horrific altercation spirals into tormented territory.
Thn had the opportunity to put some »
- Craig Hunter
Similar News ItemsUniversal Pictures [us]
- Locke & Key Being Planned As Trilogy (From We Got This Covered. 28 July 2014, 9:31 AM, PDT)
- "Monster High: Fright On!" (From SneakPeek. 28 July 2014, 6:37 AM, PDT)
- 25 Greatest Easter Eggs From The Last 20 Years Of Horror (From Obsessed with Film. 28 July 2014, 2:56 AM, PDT)
Stephen King (I)
- Scream Factory Announces Ten Exciting New Genre Releases (From SoundOnSight. 28 July 2014, 2:01 PM, PDT)
- 'Sons of Anarchy' at Comic-Con: One Samcro story ends, others begin? (From EW.com - Inside TV. 27 July 2014, 3:59 PM, PDT)
- 'Sons of Anarchy' comes to Comic-Con for the last time: Live-Blog (From Hitfix. 27 July 2014, 12:30 PM, PDT)
- The Official Lineup for the 67th Locarno Film Festival (From MUBI. 25 July 2014, 1:13 PM, PDT)
- Fresh Teaser Artwork for Projects in the 2014 Frontières International Co-Production Market (From Dread Central. 23 July 2014, 1:23 PM, PDT)
- The Definitive Foreign Language Horror Films: 30-21 (From SoundOnSight. 22 July 2014, 5:53 PM, PDT)