Can you hear the people sing? If you're watching the 85th annual Academy Awards on Feb. 24, then perhaps you can. According to Baz Bamigboye of The Daily Mail, "Les Miserables" cast members Hugh Jackman, Anne Hathaway, Eddie Redmayne, Amanda Seyfried and Samantha Barks are expected to perform songs from "Les Mis" at the Oscars.
Per Bamigboye, the group will either sing group numbers like "Can You Hear The People Sing?" or "One Day More" or participate in a medley of "Les Miserables" tracks, like "I Dreamed a Dream" and "On My Own."
Jackman and Hathaway are nominated for Oscars in the Best Actor and Best Supporting Actress categories, respectively; Jackman will likely perform the Oscar-nominated song "Suddenly," which he sings in the Tom Hooper film. As yet, none of this has been confirmed by the Academy Awards.
As Vulture deftly notes, Russell Crowe's name is not mentioned as participating in the possible Oscar number. »
- The Huffington Post
Similar News ItemsAnne Hathaway
- Miley Cyrus named worst dressed celeb of 2013 (From RealBollywood. 10 December 2013, 12:10 AM, PST)
- Sundance Film Festival Unveils 2014 Premieres Lineup (From The Hollywood Reporter. 9 December 2013, 1:00 PM, PST)
- Beyonce Knowles and Jay Z Go Vegan for Christmas (From National Ledger. 7 December 2013, 12:43 PM, PST)
- ‘Max Steel’ Pic Heating Up as Actors and Actresses Test (From Variety - Film News. 10 December 2013, 1:45 PM, PST)
- Why the Oscars Best Supporting Actor Race Is a Hot Mess (From Variety - Film News. 10 December 2013, 6:30 AM, PST)
- Jake Gyllenhaal on ‘Prisoners’ and Why Good Cops Have Criminal Minds (From The Wrap. 9 December 2013, 4:20 PM, PST)
- Macaulay Culkin: a life in music (From The Guardian - Film News. 10 December 2013, 9:47 AM, PST)
- 1st look at Denzel Washington in Antoine Fuqua's adaptation of The Equalizer (From JoBlo. 9 December 2013, 3:41 AM, PST)
- The HeyUGuys Instant Watching Guide – December 9th 2013 (From HeyUGuys. 9 December 2013, 3:00 AM, PST)