Can you hear the people sing? If you're watching the 85th annual Academy Awards on Feb. 24, then perhaps you can. According to Baz Bamigboye of The Daily Mail, "Les Miserables" cast members Hugh Jackman, Anne Hathaway, Eddie Redmayne, Amanda Seyfried and Samantha Barks are expected to perform songs from "Les Mis" at the Oscars.
Per Bamigboye, the group will either sing group numbers like "Can You Hear The People Sing?" or "One Day More" or participate in a medley of "Les Miserables" tracks, like "I Dreamed a Dream" and "On My Own."
Jackman and Hathaway are nominated for Oscars in the Best Actor and Best Supporting Actress categories, respectively; Jackman will likely perform the Oscar-nominated song "Suddenly," which he sings in the Tom Hooper film. As yet, none of this has been confirmed by the Academy Awards.
As Vulture deftly notes, Russell Crowe's name is not mentioned as participating in the possible Oscar number. »
- The Huffington Post
Similar News ItemsAnne Hathaway
- 6 Things We Learned About the Oscars From Jennifer Lawrence's Other Date (From Popsugar. 6 March 2014, 2:35 PM, PST)
- The Devil Wears Prada (From Sky Movies. 6 March 2014, 10:12 AM, PST)
- Bruno Mars & Janelle Monae Go to Rio 2 (From kidspickflicks. 6 March 2014, 6:36 AM, PST)
- What Swordfish teaches us about hacking computers (From Den of Geek. 6 March 2014, 2:37 AM, PST)
- Wolverine Will Eventually Be Recast, Says Hugh Jackman (From We Got This Covered. 4 March 2014, 4:00 PM, PST)
- The Egot: Which Stars Are Almost There? (From Popsugar. 4 March 2014, 2:02 PM, PST)
- Darren Aronofsky Builds An Ark In New Noah Movie Featurette; “Fountains of the Deep: Visions of Noah and the Flood” Exhibit Opens March 7 (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 6 March 2014, 7:48 PM, PST)
- ‘Noah’ Not Floating Into The Middle East? (From The Hollywood News. 6 March 2014, 1:30 PM, PST)
- Impressive Featurette for Noah Focuses on The Ark (From GeekTyrant. 6 March 2014, 1:30 PM, PST)