One of the more interesting facets to Lance Armstrong's interview with Oprah Winfrey, in addition to admitting to basically all the things he's been denying for years, is that he claims the blood doping and Epo and testosterone usage stopped before his comeback a couple years ago.
"That I doped after my comeback is not true. The last time I crossed the line, that line, was 2005," says Armstrong.
This means that his third-place finish at the 2009 Tour de France and his 23rd-place finish at the 2010 Tour de France were supposedly done completely clean.
Armstrong also denies that his doping program was more sophisticated than, say, the East German doping program in the 1970s and 1980s. And he further says he did not intimidate teammates into doping.
"The idea that anyone was forced or pressured or encouraged, that's not true," says Armstrong.
But his former teammate Jonathan Vaughters tells "CBS This Morning, »
Similar News ItemsOprah Winfrey
- Variety Power of Women: Top Eight Quotes From Oprah Winfrey, Gwyneth Paltrow and More (From E! Online. 9 October 2015, 7:24 PM, PDT)
- Gwyneth Paltrow Has Best Day Ever, Gets Support From Boyfriend Brad Falchuk and Takes Selfie With Oprah! (From Us Weekly. 9 October 2015, 3:48 PM, PDT)
- Hollywood's Most Powerful Women Gather For a Star-Studded Luncheon (From Popsugar. 9 October 2015, 2:16 PM, PDT)
Lance Armstrong (I)
- ‘The Martian’ rockets to top of buzz chart (From ScreenDaily. 9 October 2015, 5:35 AM, PDT)
- The Program review [Lff 2015]: “Always interesting…” (From The Hollywood News. 9 October 2015, 4:30 AM, PDT)
- New clip arrives from Lance Armstrong biopic The Program (From Flickeringmyth. 6 October 2015, 5:00 AM, PDT)
- 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Schedules World Premiere (From Rolling Stone. 8 October 2015, 1:04 PM, PDT)
- Rick Moranis Passed on 'Ghostbusters' Reboot Cameo (From MovieWeb. 7 October 2015, 11:40 AM, PDT)
- You're The Worst's Kether Donohue Talks 'Feminist' Episode, That Popsicle Scene, Her Trippy Grease Tryout (From TVLine.com. 7 October 2015, 7:00 AM, PDT)