One of the more interesting facets to Lance Armstrong's interview with Oprah Winfrey, in addition to admitting to basically all the things he's been denying for years, is that he claims the blood doping and Epo and testosterone usage stopped before his comeback a couple years ago.
"That I doped after my comeback is not true. The last time I crossed the line, that line, was 2005," says Armstrong.
This means that his third-place finish at the 2009 Tour de France and his 23rd-place finish at the 2010 Tour de France were supposedly done completely clean.
Armstrong also denies that his doping program was more sophisticated than, say, the East German doping program in the 1970s and 1980s. And he further says he did not intimidate teammates into doping.
"The idea that anyone was forced or pressured or encouraged, that's not true," says Armstrong.
But his former teammate Jonathan Vaughters tells "CBS This Morning, »
Similar News ItemsOprah Winfrey
- Interview: Actor Trai Byers of Film ‘Selma,’ TV’s ‘Empire’ (From HollywoodChicago.com. 22 January 2015, 1:34 PM, PST)
- Larry Wilmore’s ‘Nightly Show’ Raises Laughs And Eyebrows In Comedy Central Debut (From Variety - TV News. 19 January 2015, 9:59 PM, PST)
- Oprah, 'Selma' Cast Honor Mlk With March in Alabama (From Entertainment Tonight. 19 January 2015, 6:15 PM, PST)
Lance Armstrong (I)
- Nick Jonas, Chris Rock, and More Celebrities React to Stuart Scott’s Death (From VH1.com. 5 January 2015, 9:30 AM, PST)
- Joe Cocker Dead at 70 -- See Celebrity Fan Reactions (From TooFab. 22 December 2014, 11:30 AM, PST)
- Fabula secures ten from Afm (From ScreenDaily. 11 December 2014, 2:19 AM, PST)
- Nbcblk Editor Defends New Black Site: ‘It Was Destined to Be Controversial’ (From The Wrap. 22 January 2015, 12:36 PM, PST)
- 11 best and worst movie mentors: Batman Begins, Fight Club, Clueless (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 18 January 2015, 4:50 AM, PST)
- Johnny Depp's Daughter Helps Him Get into Character (Video) (From PEOPLE.com. 16 January 2015, 5:50 AM, PST)