With Arnold Schwarzenegger returning to the big screen in The Last Stand, the Flickering Myth writing team look back at their favourite Arnie movies. Next up, Anghus Houvouras with 1990's Total Recall..
Arnold Schwarzenegger existed in an unpretentious era of film. At a time when Hollywood was the personification of the American dream. Where an Austrian bodybuilder barely capable of stringing together a coherent sentence could become the greatest action star in the world. It was an unpretentious, less cynical age where charisma and a chiseled physique were more important than logic or common sense.
Schwarzenegger's entire career was predicated on the principle that there was no problem too complex that couldn't be solved with brutal violence. Many of his films were cartoonish affairs that were so far removed from reality that they seemed more comparable to a Wile E. Coyote Looney Tunes than a real world action film. His »
Similar News ItemsArnold Schwarzenegger
- Thn Turns 11! A Look Back At Our Favourite Films – Looper (2012) (From The Hollywood News. 26 November 2014, 4:45 AM, PST)
- Escape Plan writer to adapt Monster Republic (From ScreenDaily. 25 November 2014, 3:53 AM, PST)
- Arnold Schwarzenegger in The Running Man Screens at Schlafly Dec. 3rd – ‘Strange Brew’ (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 24 November 2014, 8:30 PM, PST)
Total Recall (1990)
- Page 2: Total Recall, Star Wars, Neverending Story, Sherlock, Love Actually, Godzilla, Star Trek, Blade Runner, Inception (From Slash Film. 25 November 2014, 3:30 PM, PST)
- Jessica Chastain Discusses Astronaut Training & Nasa’s Jpl For Ridley Scott’s The Martian (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 21 November 2014, 1:15 PM, PST)
- StreamFix: 'It's Always Sunny,' 'Airplane!' and 14 More New Streams on Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, and Crackle (From Hitfix. 4 November 2014, 2:17 PM, PST)
Paul Verhoeven (I)
- Sirk, Verhoeven and Fincher: Unflinching Reproduction as Satire (From SoundOnSight. 25 November 2014, 9:49 AM, PST)
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 1 – The Review (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 20 November 2014, 5:00 PM, PST)
- What Would It Take to Become ‘The Invisible Man’? (From FilmSchoolRejects. 20 November 2014, 6:00 AM, PST)