By Rachel Bennett
Television Editor & Columnist
Every Friday, Rachel recaps the week’s major TV-related news, announcements and gossip!
* * *
• The 2013 Golden Globes dominated the ratings Sunday, drawing 20 million viewers. There was a 17 percent increase in audience members over last year’s ceremony, and the show was up 28 percent in the 18-49 demo, scoring a 6.4 adult rating.
• AMC’s The Killing, which got the ax this summer, is officially coming back for a third season. The drama will return to AMC along with stars Mireille Enos and Joel Kinnaman, but not everything will be the same: Detectives Linden and Holder (Enos and Kinnaman) will be working on a new case a year after solving the Rosie Larsen (Katie Findlay) murder.
• Despite adding judges Mariah Carey, Keith Urban and Nicki Minaj, the new season of Fox’s American Idol debuted to its smallest premiere audience ever. Although the reality show still drew 17.9 million viewers, »
- Rachel Bennett
Similar News Items"American Idol" (2002)
- Adam Lambert’s Critics Demand His Removal From Singapore New Year’s Eve Show (From The Wrap. 28 November 2015, 2:18 PM, PST)
- All American Idol judges to return during final season (From National Ledger. 28 November 2015, 4:01 AM, PST)
- Kelly Clarkson's Adorable Daughter River Rose Is Caught Meditating on Thanksgiving (From E! Online. 26 November 2015, 7:43 PM, PST)
"Game of Thrones" (2011)
- Want To Write About TV? Do It For Us (From Obsessed with Film. 29 November 2015, 4:08 AM, PST)
- J.J. Abrams promises “more primitive, aggressive and rougher” lightsaber action in Star Wars: The Force Awakens (From Flickeringmyth. 28 November 2015, 11:50 AM, PST)
- Lionsgate and director Alex Proyas apologise for “whitewashing” of Gods of Egypt (From Flickeringmyth. 28 November 2015, 5:34 AM, PST)
"The Walking Dead" (2010)
- Into the Badlands: Daniel Wu Sees Five or Six Seasons for AMC Series (From TVSeriesFinale. 29 November 2015, 11:48 AM, PST)
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6 Midseason Finale Preview: 6 Things to Watch For (From Moviefone. 29 November 2015, 7:00 AM, PST)
- 'The Walking Dead' predictions: Who will die in mid-season finale 'Start to Finish'? (From Gold Derby. 29 November 2015, 4:27 AM, PST)