Feature Ryan Lambie Jan 18, 2013
As horror movie V/H/S arrives in UK cinemas, Ryan thinks back to an era of browsing the shelves of video rental stores...
How times have changed. That was my overriding thought this week, as two events coincidentally occurred which served as a reminder of just how much the way we consume movies has altered over the past decade. The first was the announcement that Blockbuster, once the world’s biggest chain of movie rental stores, has gone into administration in the UK. Fittingly, perhaps, the news broke on the day that the promoters behind the found-footage horror anthology V/H/S staged an evening designed to invoke memories of hiring videotapes from shops.
Similar News ItemsChuck Norris
- Sonny Landham, Action Star of Predator, 48 Hours Dies at 76 (From MovieWeb. 19 August 2017, 12:14 AM, PDT)
- Great Films Unfairly Forgotten in Time (From Flickeringmyth. 6 August 2017, 4:30 AM, PDT)
- Rick Famuyiwa In Talks To Direct Martial Arts Movie: Son of Shaolin (From LRM Online. 26 July 2017, 11:50 AM, PDT)
Lethal Weapon (1987)
- The Hitman’s Bodyguard movie review: protection racket (From FlickFilosopher. 18 August 2017, 12:52 AM, PDT)
- Exclusive Interview: Actress Ashlee Macropoulos on This Just In and Glass Jaw (From Flickeringmyth. 15 August 2017, 1:00 PM, PDT)
- Movie Review – The Hitman’s Bodyguard (2017) (From Flickeringmyth. 15 August 2017, 9:00 AM, PDT)
Pretty Woman (1990)
- Bribery Case Involving Arnon Milchan Heats Up With Netanyahu Indictment Looming (From Variety - Film News. 9 August 2017, 5:56 PM, PDT)
- Kim Kardashian Carries a Fanny Pack, Khloé Cuts Her Hair and Kendall Has a Pretty Woman Moment (From PEOPLE.com. 8 August 2017, 6:07 AM, PDT)
- Best Netflix and Chill Movies | August 2017 (From Collider.com. 3 August 2017, 1:00 PM, PDT)