Review Caroline Preece Jan 18, 2013
Supernatural returns from the mid-season break with an episode that ties up a number of loose ends...
This review contains spoilers.
8.10 Torn and Frayed
Supernatural might have been away for a few weeks, but this first episode back picks up right where we left off. Sam and Dean are still passive-aggressively hissing at each other over their problems with Benny and Amelia respectively, but they’ll have to put away their differences (or as Cas puts it, “stow your crap”) if they want to keep captured angel Alfie from spilling the beans to Crowley. We learn that someone is controlling the angels, and that there’s a tablet that can close the gates of heaven.
After an improved start to season eight, Supernatural has returned with an episode that’s more interesting than exciting, but one that serves to tie up several loose ends that have been bogging the show down. »
Similar News Items"Supernatural" (2005)
- Supernatural Sneak Peek: Meet the Winchesters' Witchy New Big Bad (From TVLine.com. 25 November 2014, 12:25 PM, PST)
- 'Supernatural' Episode 10.8 Photos: A Sheriff's Retreat (From BuddyTV. 25 November 2014, 11:13 AM, PST)
- USA Network Sets Suits, Sirens Returns (From TVLine.com. 25 November 2014, 5:00 AM, PST)
- Perspectives: Simon Barry and Rachel Nichols talk about Continuum (From Flickeringmyth. 13 May 2014, 11:04 PM, PDT)
- Mindy Newell: Stargate Revisited (From Comicmix. 14 October 2013, 5:00 AM, PDT)
- Laura Vandervoort is Getting Bitten in New Werewolf Drama for the Syfy Channel (From Beyond Hollywood. 17 September 2013, 2:19 PM, PDT)