James Franco is a very busy guy. This year alone, he’s got more than a handful of projects being released, and many of those he directed. There’s the porn drama Lovelace, Sam Raimi’s highly-anticipated Oz the Great and Powerful, Harmony Korine’s Spring Breakers, his own art film Interior. Leather Bar (which opens at Sundance this week), an adaptation of William Faulkner’s As I Lay Dying, and so many more.
And he’s not done. Franco has just signed on to star in and direct Beautiful People, a biopic based on the life of famous hairstylist Jay Sebring, who was murdered by the Manson Family.
The film is set in 1960′s Hollywood – the action-packed setting for the love story of Jay Sebring and Sharon Tate. Steve McQueen, Bruce Lee, The Rat Pack, even Jim Morrison were friends of Jay and Sharon. Their love was legend in Hollywood. »
- Laura Frances
Similar News ItemsJames Franco
- Education Impact Report: 110 Students to Watch (From Variety - Film News. 28 April 2015, 10:00 AM, PDT)
- Maker Studios Slate Includes James Franco’s ‘Palo Alto: Stories’ Adaptation, ‘Camp’ (From The Wrap. 28 April 2015, 6:00 AM, PDT)
- Community season 6 episode 8 review: Intro To Recycled Cinema (From Den of Geek. 28 April 2015, 5:49 AM, PDT)
- Dimensions Blur In New Poster For Gil Kenan’s Poltergeist Reboot (From We Got This Covered. 28 April 2015, 10:13 AM, PDT)
- Check Out A Brand New Poster For The ‘Poltergeist’ Remake (From The Hollywood News. 27 April 2015, 4:25 PM, PDT)
- Why 1998 Was the Best Year In Film History (From Hitfix. 27 April 2015, 12:46 PM, PDT)
Steve McQueen (III)
- ‘Beasts of the Southern Wild’ Star Joins Barkhad Abdi in Drama ‘Wolf Who Cried Boy’ (Exclusive) (From The Wrap. 27 April 2015, 11:41 AM, PDT)
- Watch 'Deadpan' - an Early Short Work by Steve McQueen Inspired by Buster Keaton (From ShadowAndAct. 27 April 2015, 8:54 AM, PDT)
- 'The Water Diviner' (2015) Movie Review (From Rope Of Silicon. 22 April 2015, 11:36 AM, PDT)