James Franco is a very busy guy. This year alone, he’s got more than a handful of projects being released, and many of those he directed. There’s the porn drama Lovelace, Sam Raimi’s highly-anticipated Oz the Great and Powerful, Harmony Korine’s Spring Breakers, his own art film Interior. Leather Bar (which opens at Sundance this week), an adaptation of William Faulkner’s As I Lay Dying, and so many more.
And he’s not done. Franco has just signed on to star in and direct Beautiful People, a biopic based on the life of famous hairstylist Jay Sebring, who was murdered by the Manson Family.
The film is set in 1960′s Hollywood – the action-packed setting for the love story of Jay Sebring and Sharon Tate. Steve McQueen, Bruce Lee, The Rat Pack, even Jim Morrison were friends of Jay and Sharon. Their love was legend in Hollywood. »
- Laura Frances
Similar News ItemsJames Franco
- North Korea Files Complaint with Un to Stop Release of Seth Rogen's The Interview (From Worst Previews. 10 July 2014, 5:15 AM, PDT)
- North Korea complains to Un about new Seth Rogen film (From Den of Geek. 9 July 2014, 10:27 PM, PDT)
- Seth Rogen and James Franco's ‘The Interview’ Blasted by North Korea in Un Complaint (From The Wrap. 9 July 2014, 4:50 PM, PDT)
- Spider-Man (From Sky Movies. 9 July 2014, 2:12 AM, PDT)
- Body Paint: Sthefane Lomeu As Spider-man & Venom (From ComicBookMovie. 8 July 2014, 11:41 PM, PDT)
- 10 Memorable Comic Book Movie Moments Involving Nameless Characters (From Obsessed with Film. 8 July 2014, 7:17 AM, PDT)
Steve McQueen (III)
- Interview: Richard Linklater Talks 'Boyhood', the Industry and Life's Little Punctuations (From Rope Of Silicon. 7 July 2014, 9:30 AM, PDT)
- You’re in the Minority: Top 10 Oscar-Winning Actresses of Color (From SoundOnSight. 4 July 2014, 3:53 PM, PDT)
- Zurich to honour Hans Zimmer (From ScreenDaily. 1 July 2014, 6:06 AM, PDT)