By Joey Magidson
For a filmmaker, it’s rare to make a real impact with your debut feature. Most of the time, you begin your career with a calling-card movie or a work that doesn’t fully express your true talent. There are, however, certain instances when a director is able to wow audiences and leave his or her mark on the film world right from the get-go.
This year, we’ve seen Benh Zeitlin make his debut with a film that many absolutely love in Beasts of the Southern Wild. Zeitlin’s freshman feature has been mentioned as one of the top debuts by a filmmaker in some time, so that got me thinking: What are the 10 best of all time?
Of course, there’s some level of subjectivity to this kind of a list. If I were strictly going off of my personal favorite debuts, people such as Judd Apatow, »
- Joey Magidson
Similar News ItemsKevin Smith (I)
- Three New Yoga Hosers Clips Do Yoga and Kill Little Monsters (From Dread Central. 26 August 2016, 12:40 PM, PDT)
- Fantastic Fest 2016’s 2nd Wave of Programming Includes Sadako Vs. Kayako, Arrival, The Eyes Of My Mother, Raw (From DailyDead. 25 August 2016, 10:30 AM, PDT)
- Doug Liman to Direct ‘Justice League Dark’ for Warner Bros., DC Entertainment (From The Wrap. 24 August 2016, 10:50 AM, PDT)
- Horror Channel FrightFest 2016 Review – The Love Witch (2016) (From Flickeringmyth. 27 August 2016, 2:15 PM, PDT)
- ‘Lion’ Trailer: Inspirational True Story Is The Weinstein Company’s Major Oscar Hopeful (From Indiewire. 25 August 2016, 7:23 AM, PDT)
- Little People, Big Woes in Hollywood: Low Pay, Degrading Jobs and a Tragic Death (From The Hollywood Reporter. 25 August 2016, 6:45 AM, PDT)
John Cusack (I)
- Film Review: Cell (From CineVue. 26 August 2016, 3:19 AM, PDT)
- Horror Channel FrightFest 2016 Review – Cell (2016) (From Flickeringmyth. 25 August 2016, 2:30 PM, PDT)
- Cell review – Stephen King zombie satire lacks a pulse (From The Guardian - Film News. 25 August 2016, 2:15 PM, PDT)