By Joey Magidson
For a filmmaker, it’s rare to make a real impact with your debut feature. Most of the time, you begin your career with a calling-card movie or a work that doesn’t fully express your true talent. There are, however, certain instances when a director is able to wow audiences and leave his or her mark on the film world right from the get-go.
This year, we’ve seen Benh Zeitlin make his debut with a film that many absolutely love in Beasts of the Southern Wild. Zeitlin’s freshman feature has been mentioned as one of the top debuts by a filmmaker in some time, so that got me thinking: What are the 10 best of all time?
Of course, there’s some level of subjectivity to this kind of a list. If I were strictly going off of my personal favorite debuts, people such as Judd Apatow, »
- Joey Magidson
Similar News ItemsKevin Smith (I)
- Movies Aren’t Dying, They’re Just Growing Up: Mark Cousins On How His New Project Made Him Optimistic (From Indiewire. 20 June 2017, 7:00 AM, PDT)
- Production Begins on First Installment of Kevin Smith’s Horror Anthology Film Killroy Was Here (From DailyDead. 19 June 2017, 7:29 AM, PDT)
- Once Upon A Time In Venice – Review (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 18 June 2017, 5:21 PM, PDT)
- Karlovy Vary Film Festival Honors Talent Working in Front of and Behind the Camera (From Variety - Film News. 23 June 2017, 11:00 AM, PDT)
- Film Review: Bertrand Tavernier’s ‘My Journey Through French Cinema’ (From Variety - Film News. 23 June 2017, 10:37 AM, PDT)
- Video: 5 Best Sword-Fights in Movies (From The Cultural Post. 23 June 2017, 10:04 AM, PDT)
John Cusack (I)
- High Fidelity (From Trailers from Hell. 11 June 2017, 10:00 PM, PDT)
- First Kill Trailer Teams Bruce Willis and Hayden Christensen (From MovieWeb. 8 June 2017, 11:56 AM, PDT)
- Horror Highlights: The Magnificent Dead, Distorted, Death Camp, 3 Dead Trick Or Treaters (From DailyDead. 23 May 2017, 8:04 AM, PDT)