By Joey Magidson
For a filmmaker, it’s rare to make a real impact with your debut feature. Most of the time, you begin your career with a calling-card movie or a work that doesn’t fully express your true talent. There are, however, certain instances when a director is able to wow audiences and leave his or her mark on the film world right from the get-go.
This year, we’ve seen Benh Zeitlin make his debut with a film that many absolutely love in Beasts of the Southern Wild. Zeitlin’s freshman feature has been mentioned as one of the top debuts by a filmmaker in some time, so that got me thinking: What are the 10 best of all time?
Of course, there’s some level of subjectivity to this kind of a list. If I were strictly going off of my personal favorite debuts, people such as Judd Apatow, »
- Joey Magidson
Similar News ItemsKevin Smith (I)
- Elizabeth Banks Takes The Walk Of Shame In Red Band Trailer (From We Got This Covered. 15 April 2014, 4:26 PM, PDT)
- New DVD Blu-ray: 'Philomena,' 'Ride Along,' 'The Nut Job' (From Moviefone. 15 April 2014, 11:00 AM, PDT)
- Casting Net: Brad Pitt may star in Stanley McChrystal pic; Plus, Helen Mirren, more (From EW.com - Inside Movies. 14 April 2014, 5:44 PM, PDT)
- Big Bad Wolves Blu-Ray Review (From We Got This Covered. 19 April 2014, 10:24 AM, PDT)
- Will Cannes 2014 kick off the Oscar season for Bennett Miller, Mike Leigh and others? (From Hitfix. 18 April 2014, 3:30 PM, PDT)
- Samuel L. Jackson Back with Tarantino for 'Hateful Eight' Live-Read (From FirstShowing.net. 18 April 2014, 2:28 PM, PDT)
John Cusack (I)
- 87th Academy Awards Dates and Early Predictions: Another Streep? (From Alt Film Guide. 18 April 2014, 5:07 PM, PDT)
- Blu-ray, DVD Release: Grand Piano (From Disc Dish. 18 April 2014, 3:01 PM, PDT)
- Cannes 2014: Cronenberg's 'Maps to the Stars' in competition (From CineVue. 18 April 2014, 1:06 AM, PDT)