By Joey Magidson
For a filmmaker, it’s rare to make a real impact with your debut feature. Most of the time, you begin your career with a calling-card movie or a work that doesn’t fully express your true talent. There are, however, certain instances when a director is able to wow audiences and leave his or her mark on the film world right from the get-go.
This year, we’ve seen Benh Zeitlin make his debut with a film that many absolutely love in Beasts of the Southern Wild. Zeitlin’s freshman feature has been mentioned as one of the top debuts by a filmmaker in some time, so that got me thinking: What are the 10 best of all time?
Of course, there’s some level of subjectivity to this kind of a list. If I were strictly going off of my personal favorite debuts, people such as Judd Apatow, »
- Joey Magidson
Similar News ItemsKevin Smith (I)
- Kevin Smith to cameo in his own biopic (From EW.com - Inside Movies. 26 November 2014, 7:52 AM, PST)
- Kevin Smiths Tusk Arrives on VOD and Blu-ray Next Month (From Horror Asylum. 25 November 2014)
- Matthew McConaughey Is Randall Flagg In The Stand? (From Obsessed with Film. 25 November 2014, 2:15 AM, PST)
- Visionary: Richard Linklater to Receive Big Palm Springs International Film Festival Award (From Manny the Movie Guy. 26 November 2014, 9:16 AM, PST)
- Richard Linklater to Receive Visionary Award at Palm Springs Film Fest (From Variety - Film News. 26 November 2014, 9:03 AM, PST)
- Richard Linklater To Receive Palm Springs Visionary Award For ‘Boyhood’ (From Deadline New York. 26 November 2014, 8:09 AM, PST)
John Cusack (I)
- What's New on Netflix Streaming in December 2014 (From Moviefone. 25 November 2014, 8:45 AM, PST)
- Audiences hungry for more Games (From IF.com.au. 23 November 2014, 4:11 PM, PST)
- Jackie Chan’s ‘Dragon Blade’ Set For IMAX Chinese New Year Outing (From Variety - Film News. 21 November 2014, 5:32 AM, PST)