The Tony nominated two-person work deals with a filmmaker (Amalric) lamenting the fact he can't find a suitable actress for his adaptation of the novel which inspired the term masochism.
At the last minute, an actress (Polanski's wife Emmanuelle Seigner) arrives who seems to be the antithesis of everything he needs. Yet over the course of the play, the power balance completely shifts until she has established total dominance over him.
Originally slated to begin filming in Paris in November, the project was delayed slightly and has just begun production.
Source: Allocine »
- Garth Franklin
Similar News ItemsRoman Polanski (I)
- Cannes: New Films From Todd Haynes, Sofia Coppola Expected; Will Brad Pitt Return to the Croisette? (From Variety - Film News. 22 March 2017, 4:02 PM, PDT)
- Straws In The Courthouse Wind: No Deal For Roman Polanski, But Signs That Sides Have Been Talking (From Deadline. 20 March 2017, 2:31 PM, PDT)
- “Wealthy Celebrity” Roman Polanski “Needs To Be Here,” La Da Tells Judge (From Deadline. 20 March 2017, 11:05 AM, PDT)
Quantum of Solace (2008)
- Salman and Katrina Shooting For Tiger Zinda Hai at Historic Golden Roof in Austria (From Bollyspice. 21 March 2017, 5:33 AM, PDT)
- Terry Gilliam’s The Man Who Killed Don Quixote begins production (yes, really) (From Flickeringmyth. 12 March 2017, 3:30 AM, PDT)
- Neal Purvis and Robert Wade reportedly returning for Bond 25 (From Flickeringmyth. 12 March 2017, 3:25 AM, PDT)
- Who Are the Best Director-Actor Duos Working in Movies Today? — Critics Survey (From Indiewire. 13 March 2017, 11:12 AM, PDT)
- Gaumont reunites with Guillaume Gallienne for 'Bright Weakness' (From ScreenDaily. 8 February 2017, 10:00 PM, PST)
- New Trailer for Kiyoshi Kurosawa’s ‘Daguerreotype’ Explores a Photographer’s Obsession (From The Film Stage. 19 January 2017, 2:14 PM, PST)