Catch up with the last seven days in the world of film
You know the score: weird little statuettes, fulsome compliments and a few off-colour jokes, evening gowns and tears, yada yada yada. That's the normal run of things with the Golden Globes. Then Jodie Foster had to go and wreck everything by saying something that actually meant something.
Even though practically everyone on the planet already knew, Foster "came out" by thanking her ex-partner Cydney Bernard as she picked up a lifetime achievement award. Her speech prompted immediate dissection by the digital classes, with both pro and anti positions.
In the kerfuffle, everyone seemed to forget there was an awards ceremony going on, at which the Brits – especially Les Misérables – did rather well.
Here's what the Guardian film team thought.
Al Pacino and »
Similar News ItemsTom Cruise
- Bang Bang Teaser Gives You Abs, Explosions, And Footjets(?) Aplenty! (From Twitch. 23 July 2014, 7:30 PM, PDT)
- Warner Bros. Picks Up 'Arabian Nights' 7-Movie Franchise (From MovieWeb. 23 July 2014, 2:51 PM, PDT)
- Interview with the Vampire 20th Anniversary Blu-ray Announced, Cover Art Revealed (From DailyDead. 23 July 2014, 11:23 AM, PDT)
- 6 major questions we have about Comic-Con, from 'Fantastic Four' to 'Hateful Eight' (From Hitfix. 23 July 2014, 7:24 PM, PDT)
- John Travolta Cannot Stop Ex-Pilot's Tell-All Lawsuit, Court Says (From The Wrap. 22 July 2014, 4:22 PM, PDT)
- A True Maverick: Top 10 Films of James Garner (1928-2014) (From SoundOnSight. 20 July 2014, 3:53 PM, PDT)
- Keith Urban, The Band Perry and More Join Reba McEntire's Prayer for Peace (From PEOPLE.com. 23 July 2014, 2:30 PM, PDT)
- New 'Fury', 'Sin City 2', 'Zero Theorem' and 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles' Posters (From Rope Of Silicon. 23 July 2014, 7:47 AM, PDT)
- Trailer Debut for Before I Go to Sleep Starring Nicole Kidman (From shocktillyoudrop. 23 July 2014, 6:28 AM, PDT)