In the mid-1980s a teenage musician named Eric Bishop went to play piano for the rich white folk outside his hometown of Terrell, Texas. Bishop was driven to the house by a schoolfriend, who was then ordered to wait outside in the car until the recital was over. "I can't have two niggers in my house at the same time," the owner explained.
If living well is the best revenge, then Eric Bishop provides a study in payback. Recast in the role of Hollywood star Jamie Foxx, he has a Grammy for his music and an Oscar for his acting. By rights his latest movie should count as the icing on the cake, in that it's about a freed slave on a mission of reprisal. »
- Xan Brooks
Similar News ItemsTom Cruise
- ‘The Wall’ Trailer: Aaron Taylor-Johnson and John Cena Get Pinned by a Sniper in Doug Liman’s War Drama (From Indiewire. 8 December 2016, 12:55 PM, PST)
- ‘The Wall’ Trailer: Aaron Taylor-Johnson and John Cena Are Under Enemy Fire in Doug Liman’s New Thriller (From Slash Film. 8 December 2016, 12:30 PM, PST)
- First Trailer for Doug Liman’s ‘The Wall’ Finds Aaron Taylor-Johnson and John Cena in Chaos (From The Film Stage. 8 December 2016, 10:39 AM, PST)
Robert Downey Jr.
- Spider-Man: Homecoming Gets Updated Synopsis; Two Trailers Expected To Drop Tonight (From We Got This Covered. 8 December 2016, 12:24 PM, PST)
- More "Spider-Man: Homecoming" (From SneakPeek. 8 December 2016, 11:12 AM, PST)
- New Spider-Man: Homecoming Photo, Vulture Details Revealed (From MovieWeb. 8 December 2016, 9:25 AM, PST)
- Newswire: Tom Hardy lost a bet, has to get a Leonardo DiCaprio tattoo (From The AV Club. 8 December 2016, 2:52 PM, PST)
- Johnny Depp is Hollywood’s most overpaid actor for the second year running (From Flickeringmyth. 8 December 2016, 2:40 PM, PST)
- Tom Hardy Reveals He Must Get a ‘Sh*tty’ Leonardo DiCaprio Tattoo After a Losing Bet About ‘The Revenant’ (From Indiewire. 8 December 2016, 11:26 AM, PST)