It should come as no surprise that every character in a movie called "Broken City" is either rotten to the core, or a liar, or a schemer, or the bearer of seriously damaging secrets.
What is surprising – and frustrating, really – is that these characters never feel like real people, despite a series of twists that should reveal hidden, unexpected facets of their personalities and despite being played by big-name stars including Mark Wahlberg, Russell Crowe and Catherine Zeta-Jones. They're all still conniving, only with varying alliances and targets.
At the center of these dizzying double crosses is Wahlberg as Billy Taggart, a former New York police detective who got kicked off the force after a questionable shooting. Seven years later, Billy is barely getting by as a private eye in Brooklyn. He is, however, sober these days and enjoying life with his gorgeous actress-girlfriend (Natalie Martinez) who's just starred in her first film. »
Similar News ItemsRussell Crowe
- Watch: ‘Exodus: Gods And Kings’ Heats Up With New Featurettes (From The Hollywood News. 28 November 2014, 11:05 AM, PST)
- The 35 Greatest Murder Mystery Movies Ever Made (From Moviefone. 28 November 2014, 7:00 AM, PST)
- Watch: First 2 Clips And New Images From Russell Crowe's Directorial Debut 'The Water Diviner' (From The Playlist. 25 November 2014, 3:41 PM, PST)
Mark Wahlberg (I)
- Jake Gyllenhaal’s Startling ‘Southpaw’ Makeover: Exclusive Photo (From Deadline New York. 28 November 2014, 1:04 PM, PST)
- The Rock And Bruce Willis Rumoured For Transformers 5 (From Obsessed with Film. 28 November 2014, 6:38 AM, PST)
- How you know you're watching a Transformers movie (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 28 November 2014, 1:30 AM, PST)
- Dad's Army: Pike actor Ian Lavender 'shocked' by Blake Harrison's scarf (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 28 November 2014, 6:36 AM, PST)
- Dad's Army: Pike actor Ian Lavender 'shocked' by Blake Harrison's scarf (From Digital Spy - TV news. 28 November 2014, 6:36 AM, PST)
- 15 hottest forums posts: Your Thanksgiving choices as the worst film turkeys (From Gold Derby. 25 November 2014, 8:48 AM, PST)