Rapper-turned-actor Common has had his share of blockbuster roles lately. From parts in "Just Wright" (opposite Queen Latifah) to "Terminator Salvation" (with Christian Bale) to "Date Night" (with Steve Carrell), Common has proven he can act with the big boys (and girls).
With his new film, the homespun drama "Luv," the Chi-town native charts new territory. There are no multi-million-dollar set pieces (though there is hand-to-hand fighting and requisite gun-slinging) and there are no half-naked sci-fi starlets. There is a lot of heart, though.
Common plays Uncle Vincent, a just-out-of-jail "businessman" set on getting rich … the honest way, which turns out to be a lot harder than he anticipates. With his nephew Woody by his side for the day, Vincent does his best to set a good example, which is easier said than done. We talked with Common about "Luv," basketball and rats (natch).
How'd you get involved in "Luv »
- Elizabeth Durand
Similar News ItemsChristian Bale
- Henry Cavill on the possibility of a Superman / Batman World's Finest movie (From Flickeringmyth. 23 May 2013, 1:46 PM, PDT)
- Helen Mirren Plays Queen to Grant Dying Boy's Wish (From Entertainment Tonight. 23 May 2013, 11:39 AM, PDT)
- 3 Reasons Why We Don’t Need New Movie Stars Right Now (And Why It’s Ok) (From Obsessed with Film. 23 May 2013, 8:54 AM, PDT)
Quentin Tarantino (I)
- Cannes: ‘Salvo’ Wins Critics’ Week Grand Prize (From Variety - Film News. 23 May 2013, 12:13 PM, PDT)
- Infographic – Tarantino Unchained (From HeyUGuys. 23 May 2013, 8:21 AM, PDT)
- Global Village: Spaniards Salivate Over Food Shows; France Debates Mobile Tax, More (From Variety - Film News. 23 May 2013, 1:00 AM, PDT)
- The Top 5 'Between Two Ferns' Episodes So Far (From NextMovie. 23 May 2013, 1:00 PM, PDT)
- Summer Movie Preview Guide: July (From Cinelinx. 23 May 2013, 9:36 AM, PDT)
- Early Bird Predix: "Best Supporting Actor" (From FilmExperience. 23 May 2013, 9:21 AM, PDT)