New York — With a new single about to drop, a solo album in the works and a starring role in a national tour of a Broadway musical, you'd be hard-pressed to tell that Michelle Williams once had difficulty just getting out of bed.
The singer-actress – one third of Destiny's Child alongside Beyonce and Kelly Rowland – said that in the past few months she has emerged from years of suffering from moderate depression. Her dark cloud lifted thanks to exercise, therapy and positive thinking.
"I've dealt with depression," the 32-year-old said during a break in rehearsals for a new touring production of "Fela!" that kicks off later this month. "I had to choose to get out of bed and do whatever I needed to do to be happy."
Williams says she suffered her first bout of depression at 15 or 16 and has managed to avoid medication. She is speaking out for the »
Similar News ItemsBeyoncé Knowles
- 6 Celebs Who Burned Through All Their Good Will in 2014 (From Entertainment Tonight. 18 December 2014, 6:30 PM, PST)
- It Pays to Be a Nerd -- Gamer Beats Out Beyonce, Jay Z for Epic L.A. House (From TMZ. 18 December 2014, 3:06 PM, PST)
- Did Beyoncé Pay for Solange's Honeymoon as an Apology for Jay Z Elevator Drama? Find Out! (From E! Online. 18 December 2014, 2:01 PM, PST)
Michelle Williams (I)
- Why Blue Ivy Was the Breakout Star of 2014 (From Entertainment Tonight. 15 December 2014, 5:17 PM, PST)
- Blue Ivy's Comment to Michelle Williams Will Totally Make You Smile (From Popsugar. 10 December 2014, 2:25 PM, PST)
- Your Full 46th NAACP Image Awards Nominees! (From Manny the Movie Guy. 10 December 2014, 6:50 AM, PST)
Whitney Houston (I)
- Barry Manilow Discusses His New Album, Dave Annable Visits The Talk Videos (From Monsters and Critics. 15 December 2014, 11:33 PM, PST)
- The X Factor: See the full Digital Spy reader vote statistics for 2014 (From Digital Spy - TV news. 15 December 2014, 4:26 AM, PST)
- The X Factor 2014 final: Ben Haenow wins – as it happened (From The Guardian - TV News. 14 December 2014, 1:59 PM, PST)