New York — With a new single about to drop, a solo album in the works and a starring role in a national tour of a Broadway musical, you'd be hard-pressed to tell that Michelle Williams once had difficulty just getting out of bed.
The singer-actress – one third of Destiny's Child alongside Beyonce and Kelly Rowland – said that in the past few months she has emerged from years of suffering from moderate depression. Her dark cloud lifted thanks to exercise, therapy and positive thinking.
"I've dealt with depression," the 32-year-old said during a break in rehearsals for a new touring production of "Fela!" that kicks off later this month. "I had to choose to get out of bed and do whatever I needed to do to be happy."
Williams says she suffered her first bout of depression at 15 or 16 and has managed to avoid medication. She is speaking out for the »
Similar News ItemsBeyoncé Knowles
- Blake Lively Got Attacked by Bees Before Her Birthday (From Popsugar. 28 August 2014, 1:15 PM, PDT)
- Beyonce's Dad Claims Elevator Incident Was Fake (From Entertainment Tonight. 28 August 2014, 12:30 PM, PDT)
- Beyonce's Dad Mathew Knowles Calls Solange Elevator Incident and Jay Z Divorce Rumors "All a Jedi Mind Trick" (From Us Weekly. 28 August 2014, 11:24 AM, PDT)
Michelle Williams (I)
- Music News - Destiny's Child Reuniting for New Album and Tour? (From National Ledger. 28 August 2014, 8:48 AM, PDT)
- Lake Bell Will Direct Long-in-the-Making ‘Emperor’s Children’ Film, Which Is Awesome (From FilmSchoolRejects. 27 August 2014, 9:00 AM, PDT)
- Internet Loses Their Mind Over Hot 'True Detective' Director (From Entertainment Tonight. 26 August 2014, 8:22 AM, PDT)
Whitney Houston (I)
- Bobbi Kristina Brown's Husband Nick Gordon Charged with DUI (From National Ledger. 28 August 2014, 4:35 PM, PDT)
- Nick Gordon -- Arrested for DUI Following Gnarly Car Crash (From TMZ. 28 August 2014, 10:20 AM, PDT)
- Brittany Murphy movie 'a murder mystery' (From The Guardian - TV News. 26 August 2014, 12:48 AM, PDT)