New York — With a new single about to drop, a solo album in the works and a starring role in a national tour of a Broadway musical, you'd be hard-pressed to tell that Michelle Williams once had difficulty just getting out of bed.
The singer-actress – one third of Destiny's Child alongside Beyonce and Kelly Rowland – said that in the past few months she has emerged from years of suffering from moderate depression. Her dark cloud lifted thanks to exercise, therapy and positive thinking.
"I've dealt with depression," the 32-year-old said during a break in rehearsals for a new touring production of "Fela!" that kicks off later this month. "I had to choose to get out of bed and do whatever I needed to do to be happy."
Williams says she suffered her first bout of depression at 15 or 16 and has managed to avoid medication. She is speaking out for the »
Similar News ItemsBeyoncé Knowles
- Kim's Dress, Kanye's Smile, and Lots of Pda - There's Just So Much to See Here (From Popsugar. 2 September 2014, 1:24 PM, PDT)
- Do You Still Think Beyoncé and Jay Z Are Heading For a Breakup? (From Popsugar. 2 September 2014, 11:05 AM, PDT)
- Nicole Scherzinger Deserted at Airport in London - Still Loves Beyonce Knowles Hugs (From National Ledger. 2 September 2014, 9:22 AM, PDT)
Michelle Williams (I)
- Second Opinion – Night Moves (2013) (From Flickeringmyth. 2 September 2014, 6:15 AM, PDT)
- Music News - Destiny's Child Reuniting for New Album and Tour? (From National Ledger. 28 August 2014, 8:48 AM, PDT)
- Lake Bell Will Direct Long-in-the-Making ‘Emperor’s Children’ Film, Which Is Awesome (From FilmSchoolRejects. 27 August 2014, 9:00 AM, PDT)
Whitney Houston (I)
- Bobbi Kristina Brown's Husband Nick Gordon Charged with DUI (From National Ledger. 28 August 2014, 4:35 PM, PDT)
- Nick Gordon -- Arrested for DUI Following Gnarly Car Crash (From TMZ. 28 August 2014, 10:20 AM, PDT)
- Brittany Murphy movie 'a murder mystery' (From The Guardian - TV News. 26 August 2014, 12:48 AM, PDT)