New York — With a new single about to drop, a solo album in the works and a starring role in a national tour of a Broadway musical, you'd be hard-pressed to tell that Michelle Williams once had difficulty just getting out of bed.
The singer-actress – one third of Destiny's Child alongside Beyonce and Kelly Rowland – said that in the past few months she has emerged from years of suffering from moderate depression. Her dark cloud lifted thanks to exercise, therapy and positive thinking.
"I've dealt with depression," the 32-year-old said during a break in rehearsals for a new touring production of "Fela!" that kicks off later this month. "I had to choose to get out of bed and do whatever I needed to do to be happy."
Williams says she suffered her first bout of depression at 15 or 16 and has managed to avoid medication. She is speaking out for the »
Similar News ItemsBeyoncé Knowles
- Jay Z Wears Mrs. Carter Tour Jacket During Date Night With Beyoncé in Dublin (From E! Online. 10 March 2014, 4:52 PM, PDT)
- Jay Z Won't Be Kanye West's Best Man at Kim Kardashian's Wedding (From National Ledger. 10 March 2014, 12:27 PM, PDT)
- Lena Dunham’s Presidential Double Date, Jessica Simpson’s Triple Kiss + More Of What You Missed On Instagram (From TheFabLife - Movies. 10 March 2014, 9:00 AM, PDT)
Michelle Williams (I)
- Watch: Artist Animates Celebrity Interviews, Including This One with Heath Ledger (From Movies.com. 10 March 2014, 11:00 AM, PDT)
- Paying Up to $1,200 for a Pre-Oscars Facial? Naomi Watts, Emma Stone and More Stars Think It's Worth It (From E! Online. 28 February 2014, 7:14 PM, PST)
- Top 10 Directors Who Made it Big at Sundance (From HeyUGuys. 28 February 2014, 4:45 AM, PST)
Whitney Houston (I)
- Whitney Houston -- Cop Sues Over Alleged Naked Corpse Ogling (From TMZ. 10 March 2014, 5:56 PM, PDT)
- Lindsay Lohan reality show ratings modest (From EW.com - Inside TV. 10 March 2014, 1:02 PM, PDT)
- Bobbi Kristina Brown Poses in a Tiny Bikini—Take a Look! (From E! Online. 6 March 2014, 2:34 PM, PST)