Along with apple pie and baseball, loving Betty White is one of America's favorite pastimes. And on the comedienne's 91st birthday, it's hard not to join in on the love fest.
Along with always making us laugh -- whether as Sue Ann Nivens, the catty thorn in Mary Tyler Moore's side, or as dizzy Rose Nylund from Saint Olaf -- White has always been a great role model for a new kind of aging. Instead of coasting on her well-earned laurels (she's been in the business for more than 70 years), the "Golden Girl" shows no signs of slowing down, reinvigorating her career in the early aughts in a number of movies and television shows and bringing laughter to a new generation of fans.
Her good sense of humor must be a key to her longevity, as seen in our slideshow of some of her best quotes on aging. (And »
- Anthonia Akitunde
Similar News ItemsBetty White (I)
- Patrick Duffy talks Lynda Carter crush, reason he'd kill Gabe Kaplan (From EW.com - PopWatch. 1 September 2014, 9:51 AM, PDT)
- NBC Promotes Jenny Groom to Senior Vice President, Alternative Programming and Development (From The Wrap. 27 August 2014, 4:31 PM, PDT)
- ‘Saturday Night Live’ Gets Labor Day Marathon on TV Land (From Variety - TV News. 26 August 2014, 10:21 AM, PDT)
"Mary Tyler Moore" (1970)
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus wins third straight Emmy for 'Veep' (From Gold Derby. 25 August 2014, 5:46 PM, PDT)
- News Nuggets: Debbie Reynolds to receive SAG life achievement award (From Gold Derby. 19 August 2014, 11:11 AM, PDT)
- Debbie Reynolds to Receive 2014 Screen Actors Guild Lifetime Achievement Award (From Rope Of Silicon. 18 August 2014, 9:31 AM, PDT)
Golden Girl (1951)
- I’m leaving Black Box now, thank you! – Geek Girl Navigating the World (From Boomtron. 26 July 2014, 6:52 PM, PDT)
- Jessica Alba Is Literally a Golden Goddess in Shimmering Gown: See the Gorgeous Outfit (From Us Weekly. 23 June 2014, 9:31 AM, PDT)
- “For Mature Audiences Only”: treasured TV oldsters of yesteryear (From SoundOnSight. 27 May 2014, 12:34 PM, PDT)