Hollywood and the video game industry received scant attention Wednesday when President Barack Obama unveiled sweeping proposals for curbing gun violence in the wake of the Newtown, Conn., school shooting.
The White House pressed most forcefully for a reluctant Congress to pass universal background checks and bans on military-style assault weapons and high-capacity ammunition magazines like the ones used in the Sandy Hook Elementary massacre.
No connection was suggested between bloody entertainment fictions and real-life violence. Instead, the White House is calling on research on the effect of media and video games on gun violence.
Among the 23 executive measures signed »
- Associated Press
Similar News ItemsBarack Obama
- New trailer for Batkid Begins (From Flickeringmyth. 22 May 2015, 2:05 AM, PDT)
- Batkid Begins: first trailer (From Den of Geek. 21 May 2015, 10:49 PM, PDT)
- Google -- Don't Blame Us, Blame Racist Internet for White House, 'N***a House' Mistake (From TMZ. 21 May 2015, 3:56 PM, PDT)
- It's Arnold Vs. Arnold In This Action-Packed Terminator Genisys Clip (From Cinema Blend. 22 May 2015, 7:53 AM, PDT)
- "Terminator Genisys" - More New Footage (From SneakPeek. 21 May 2015, 7:34 PM, PDT)
- Emilia Clarke Is Here To Stop The End Of The World In New Terminator: Genisys TV Spot (From ComicBookMovie. 21 May 2015, 3:00 PM, PDT)
- 'Slow West' (2015) Movie Review (From Rope Of Silicon. 22 May 2015, 10:06 AM, PDT)
- ‘The Mack’ Director Michael Campus Dies at 80 (From Variety - Film News. 21 May 2015, 6:08 PM, PDT)
- Wamg Interview: Christina Lindberg – Star of They Call Her One-eye (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 21 May 2015, 9:01 AM, PDT)