Lopez said she gave Affleck a standing ovation.
"I am so happy for him," she said.
Lopez and Affleck, who were known as "Bennifer," broke off their engagement 10 years ago. The couple were always in the tabloids and became a source of derision, and their movie together, "Gigli," bombed, hurting their careers. It's part of the reason Lopez was so happy to see Affleck, now married to Jennifer Garner, win big at the Golden Globe Awards. ("Argo" also won for best drama.)
"You know we went through a really rough time in the press and things like that back in the day. So I really felt like, `Wow this is a great moment,'" she said in an interview this week. "I am so glad for him. »
Similar News ItemsJennifer Lopez (I)
- American Idol: Season 13 Ratings (Thurs) (From TVSeriesFinale. 7 March 2014, 1:08 PM, PST)
- John Corbett To Co-Star In Denis Leary’s FX Pilot ‘Sex&Drugs&Rock&Roll’ (From Deadline TV. 7 March 2014, 10:30 AM, PST)
- Ryan Seacrest Takes the American Idol Version of Ellen DeGeneres' Oscars Selfie—See the Pic! (From E! Online. 7 March 2014, 10:08 AM, PST)
- Michael Keaton comments on the Ben Affleck casting backlash for Batman vs. Superman (From Flickeringmyth. 7 March 2014, 12:37 PM, PST)
- Oscars 2015: 5 early predictions for next year's nominations (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 7 March 2014, 9:37 AM, PST)
- Ben Affleck will be great as Batman, says Michael Keaton (From RealBollywood. 7 March 2014, 3:05 AM, PST)
- Jude Law Joins ‘Susan Cooper’ With Melissa McCarthy (From Slash Film. 7 March 2014, 7:00 AM, PST)
- Jude Law in talks for Melissa McCarthy spy comedy Susan Cooper (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 7 March 2014, 6:08 AM, PST)
- Jude Law Is Close to Joining Melissa McCarthy's Already Star-Packed 'Susan Cooper' (From Moviefone. 7 March 2014, 1:00 AM, PST)