"Bikinis and big booties, y'all! That's what life is about." That, and the first "Spring Breakers" trailer, which is everything you wanted it to be and much, much more.
You'll recall "Spring Breakers" as Harmony Korine's budding cult classic about four young women (Selena Gomez, Vanessa Hudgens, Ashley Benson and Rachel Korine) who get together with a small-time thug named Alien (James Franco) during spring break.
As Franco, with a character look inspired by Lil Wayne and Riff Raff, says: "I got my dark tanning oil. Lay out by the pool. This is the American dream, y'all." Indeed, y'all. Spring break forever.
Franco's role has been buzzed about since "Spring Breakers" made the festival rounds last year. There was even chatter that he could wind up in this year's Best Supporting Actor race had "Spring Breakers" come out at a more seasonly inappropriate time. Cooler heads prevailed, fortunately, putting »
- The Huffington Post
Similar News ItemsJames Franco
- Dave Franco, Emma Roberts to Star in Ya Novel Adaptation ‘Nerve’ (From The Wrap. 27 January 2015, 11:48 AM, PST)
- Dave Franco and Emma Roberts to Star in Ya Thriller ‘Nerve’ (From Variety - Film News. 27 January 2015, 10:51 AM, PST)
- Sundance Review: Gus Van Sant Produced 'I Am Michael' Starring James Franco And Zachary Quinto (From The Playlist. 27 January 2015, 7:05 AM, PST)
- Golden Globes Set 2016 Telecast Date on NBC (From The Wrap. 27 January 2015, 9:40 AM, PST)
- Selena Gomez Shows Off New 'Do on Bowling Date with Zedd (From Entertainment Tonight. 27 January 2015, 8:53 AM, PST)
- Did Jennifer Aniston Inspire Selena Gomez's New Hairdo? Decide For Yourself! (From E! Online. 26 January 2015, 2:07 PM, PST)
- Britney Spears Thanks Jennifer Lopez: I Feel Like a "Dull and Invisible" Mom Sometimes (From Us Weekly. 27 January 2015, 4:24 AM, PST)
- Recap: 'Sleepy Hollow' - A vampire by any other name is 'Kali Yuga' (From Hitfix. 26 January 2015, 9:04 PM, PST)
- How to Recover From a Bachelorette Party, Lady Gaga-Style (From PEOPLE.com. 26 January 2015, 10:05 AM, PST)