Shanghai assassination scene cut and subtitled dialogue modified to bring film into line with state sensibilities
Record-breaking Bond film Skyfall is due for release in China on Monday, but reports are surfacing that scenes have been censored and altered to make it acceptable to the Chinese authorities.
The main casualty of the culling is a scene that occurs during the Shanghai-set sequence, in which French hitman Patrice (played by Ola Rapace) shoots a security guard after entering a skyscraper. The scene has apparently been cut in its entirety. In addition, the Chinese subtitles have changed the meaning of dialogue between Bond and bar hostess Sévérine (Bérénice Marlohe) in a Macau casino, removing a reference to her becoming a prostitute at a young age.
- Andrew Pulver
Similar News ItemsSkyfall (2012)
- Interview: Roger Deakins Talks 'Sicario,' Partnership With Denis Villeneuve, 'Blade Runner 2,' Digital Vs. Film & More (From The Playlist. 9 February 2016, 12:23 PM, PST)
- 'Jason Bourne' Is Fast and Furious in First Trailer and Poster (From Moviefone. 8 February 2016, 5:34 AM, PST)
- Spectre gets the Honest Trailer treatment (From Flickeringmyth. 5 February 2016, 12:00 AM, PST)
Men in Black 3 (2012)
- Legends Of Tomorrow episode 2 review: Pilot Part 2 (From Den of Geek. 29 January 2016, 12:30 AM, PST)
- Lady Gaga Says Golden Globe Win for ‘American Horror Story’ is ‘One of the Greatest Moments of My Life’ (From Variety - TV News. 10 January 2016, 7:00 PM, PST)
- Men in Black 4 to feature a female lead, door open for Will Smith return (From Flickeringmyth. 26 November 2015, 3:30 PM, PST)
- TVLine Items: Michael Easton's Gh Return, Night Shift Newcomer and More (From TVLine.com. 2 February 2016, 1:24 PM, PST)
- HBO Sets April Premiere Date for 'Confirmation' (From ShadowAndAct. 2 February 2016, 10:33 AM, PST)
- HBO Sets April Premiere Date for 'Confirmation' (From Indiewire Television. 2 February 2016, 10:33 AM, PST)