Shanghai assassination scene cut and subtitled dialogue modified to bring film into line with state sensibilities
Record-breaking Bond film Skyfall is due for release in China on Monday, but reports are surfacing that scenes have been censored and altered to make it acceptable to the Chinese authorities.
The main casualty of the culling is a scene that occurs during the Shanghai-set sequence, in which French hitman Patrice (played by Ola Rapace) shoots a security guard after entering a skyscraper. The scene has apparently been cut in its entirety. In addition, the Chinese subtitles have changed the meaning of dialogue between Bond and bar hostess Sévérine (Bérénice Marlohe) in a Macau casino, removing a reference to her becoming a prostitute at a young age.
- Andrew Pulver
Similar News ItemsSkyfall (2012)
- Spectre Theme Song To Be Performed By Radiohead? (From We Got This Covered. 30 July 2015, 2:00 PM, PDT)
- “I Just Like Doing My Job”: Dp Roger Deakins on Working with the Coens, Digital vs. Film and His Most Difficult Shots (From Filmmaker Magazine. 30 July 2015, 11:16 AM, PDT)
- Watch Chris Hemsworth Starve With Co-Stars on Set of 'In the Heart of the Sea' (From Moviefone. 29 July 2015, 3:45 AM, PDT)
Men in Black 3 (2012)
- The Summer That Rebooted the Reboot (From SoundOnSight. 25 July 2015, 6:21 PM, PDT)
- Bill Hader on ‘Inside Out,’ Pixar’s Legacy, and the Joy of Working With Steven Spielberg (From Slash Film. 19 June 2015, 11:00 AM, PDT)
- First trailer for People, Places, Things starring Jemaine Clement (From Flickeringmyth. 18 June 2015, 7:12 AM, PDT)
- Donald Trump Might Get Bern-t: New Poll Has Bernie Sanders Beating Billionaire Republican (From The Wrap. 31 July 2015, 6:54 AM, PDT)
- Greg Kinnear, Jennifer Ehle Starring in New York Dramedy From Ira Sachs (From Variety - Film News. 24 July 2015, 4:05 PM, PDT)
- Ann Coulter on Her Role in Sharknado 3 (From Vulture. 22 July 2015, 3:02 PM, PDT)