Throughout Star Trek’s 47 year history, all of the television series and movies have revolved around Starfleet characters, espousing (and sometimes subverting) the ideals of the United Federation of Planets. With a brand new game and movie on the way, plus word that Paramount might be looking at making another Trek show, the Starfleet adventure buffet just got a whole lot bigger.
But who said that Trek had to be about Starfleet all the time? There’s a perfect alternative, one that’s been in Trek from the beginning, has a name the public remembers and a strong, loyal fanbase: the Klingons. After 47 years of appearances in every Trek show and being mentioned or seen in every film, these sometimes not-so-honourable warriors deserve their time in the center chair. And what better way to do it than in the medium Trek has only explored once – animation?
Here’s 4 reasons why »
- Xavier Santana
Similar News ItemsStar Trek (2009)
- ‘Believe’ Review: a Good Girl in Need of Darth Vader (From The Wrap. 10 March 2014, 2:18 PM, PDT)
- 'Terminator: Genesis': Jai Courtney Was Initially Skeptical of the Reboot (From MovieWeb. 10 March 2014, 12:10 PM, PDT)
- TV Review: Believe, Season 1 Episode 1 “Pilot” (From ScifiMafia. 10 March 2014, 5:00 AM, PDT)
"TRON: Uprising" (2012)
- Lego Ninjago Spin-Off Coming Before ‘The Lego Movie’ Sequel? (From The Hollywood News. 20 February 2014, 5:08 AM, PST)
- Warner Bros has the rights to one Lego Movie sequel (From Den of Geek. 19 February 2014, 10:40 PM, PST)
- "Lego Ninjago" Before "Lego Movie 2"? (From Dark Horizons. 19 February 2014, 7:18 PM, PST)
"Transformers Prime" (2010)
- Shout! Factory Delivers Two Transformers Collections Just in Time for Age of Extinction (From Cinelinx. 7 March 2014, 12:10 PM, PST)
- Transformers Prime: Ultimate Bumblebee DVD to Hold You Over Til Age Of Extinction (From kidspickflicks. 19 February 2014, 4:54 PM, PST)
- Amazon Pilot Spotlight: "Hardboiled Eggheads" (From Hollywonk. 8 February 2014, 2:21 PM, PST)