Like the resurfacing of the original Inglorious Bastards a couple of years back, Django, Prepare A Coffin makes its small screen debut to tie-in with the release of Quentin Tarantino’s next cinema outing, Django Unchained. Both of these films share only scant comparisons with their cinematic namesakes. In the case with this below-par offering, that’s a blessing.
The ‘Django’ series of spaghetti westerns are almost a sub-genre in themselves, with over thirty variations of the original and a number of unofficial sequels in circulation. ‘Coffin’ sits amongst the latter, with chiseled Italian actor Terence Hill (birth name – Mario Girotti) filling in for the original star to play the eponymous hero, Franco Nero (who crops up in a wink-wink cameo during ‘Unchained’).
This one appears to have been given a further push via Tarantino himself, who recently placed it within his list of top-20 Spaghetti Westerns. While its themes »
- Adam Lowes
Similar News ItemsQuentin Tarantino
- Five "Must-See" Movies for August 2015 (From Rope Of Silicon. 31 July 2015, 8:30 AM, PDT)
- Watch: Video Tribute To The Stylish Cinema Of Seijun Suzuki (From The Playlist. 30 July 2015, 9:17 AM, PDT)
- New Beverly Reveals a Very Tarantino August Calendar (From Thompson on Hollywood. 30 July 2015, 8:54 AM, PDT)
Django Unchained (2012)
- Weinstein Company COO David Glasser Exiting (From Variety - Film News. 30 July 2015, 10:55 AM, PDT)
- WWE Owner Vince McMahon's a Raging Hypocrite … He Hurled the N-Word, Too (From TMZ. 25 July 2015, 1:00 AM, PDT)
- New trailer, images and updated synopsis for Spectre (From Flickeringmyth. 22 July 2015, 12:44 AM, PDT)
Kurt Russell (I)
- Why Is Kurt Russell's Face Covered With Cuts and Bruises?! Get the Scoop (From E! Online. 31 July 2015, 3:05 PM, PDT)
- Kurt Russell, Refn and An Impressive First Wave of Programming Coming to This Year’s Fantastic Fest!! (From Icons of Fright. 30 July 2015, 2:14 PM, PDT)
- Kurt Russell Western 'Bone Tomahawk' gets a world premiere at Fantastic Fest (From Hitfix. 30 July 2015, 12:49 PM, PDT)