Feature Mark Harrison Jan 17, 2013
The restrictions set by the Us ratings board mean the F-word can only be used once in a PG-13 movie. Mark looks at its impact on films...
Warning: this article uses the word “fuck” a lot. More than once. There's a spoiler for X-Men: First Class if you've not seen it, too.
The best gag in Get Shorty sequel Be Cool (that didn't involve Dwayne Johnson) is at the beginning of the movie, when John Travolta's mobster-turned-movie-producer Chili Palmer talks about why he's leaving the movie business. “Do you know that unless you're willing to use the R rating, you can only say the 'F' word once? You know what I say? Fuck that. I'm done."
This refers to a guideline imposed by the Motion Picture Association of America, the Us ratings board, which places a quota upon the number of F-words you can use in a PG-13 film. »
Similar News ItemsStar Wars (1977)
- Extended TV spot for The Expendables 3 (From Flickeringmyth. 10 July 2014, 11:24 PM, PDT)
- Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes – The Review (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 10 July 2014, 8:55 PM, PDT)
- Roberto Orci Talks Star Trek 3; Says Paramount Hasn’t Seen the Script Yet, Unconfirmed as Director Until Given the Greenlight (From Collider.com. 10 July 2014, 6:17 PM, PDT)
- Trailer for Angelina Jolie's Unbroken World War II Drama (From Worst Previews. 10 July 2014, 6:32 PM, PDT)
- New Trailer for Angelina Jolie's WWII Film Unbroken (From GeekTyrant. 10 July 2014, 3:30 PM, PDT)
- Elle Fanning To Star In Neil Gaiman Adaptation ‘How To Talk To Girls At Parties’ (From The Hollywood News. 10 July 2014, 3:05 PM, PDT)
The Avengers (2012)
- James Gunn reveals Joss Whedon's influence on Thanos (From Den of Geek. 10 July 2014, 11:36 PM, PDT)
- Guardians Of The Galaxy Soundtrack Details, New Featurette & Photos (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 10 July 2014, 5:21 PM, PDT)
- Doomsday Gets Designed For 'Batman V. Superman' (From LatinoReview. 10 July 2014, 9:52 AM, PDT)