News Simon Brew Jan 17, 2013
Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters' sub-90-minute length has caused suspicion on the web. When did shorter films become a bad thing, we wonder?
Every now and then on our Twitter feed, we post information about confirmed running times and certifications for interesting looking movies. One of those, earlier this week, was Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters, which we suspect might be a good, concentrated blast of fun. We're not expecting an epic from it, but Jeremy Renner and Gemma Arterton in an action-filled subversion of fairy tale characters has something to it.
In this particular instance, we reported that the film had been granted a 15 certificate in the UK (none of that 12A pandering here, by the looks of it), and that the confirmed running time was 87 minutes. And it was the latter that got the biggest reaction. That because the film was under an hour and a half, »
Similar News ItemsChristopher Nolan (I)
- The Year in Review Post-Credits Stinger: What Happened to Post-Credits Stingers in 2014 (From FilmSchoolRejects. 19 December 2014, 5:30 PM, PST)
- 35th Anniversary Posters For Ridley Scott’s Alien Remember A Classic (From We Got This Covered. 19 December 2014, 9:23 AM, PST)
- ‘Into the Woods’ is more shrill than charming (From SoundOnSight. 18 December 2014, 9:02 PM, PST)
The Avengers (2012)
- Marvel President Wanted To Burn The Amazing Spider-man 2's Script After Reading It (From ComicBookMovie. 19 December 2014, 4:30 PM, PST)
- Top 5 Worlds I Want in Kingdom Hearts 3 (From GeekTyrant. 19 December 2014, 9:43 AM, PST)
- Joss Whedon 'didn't want to make Avengers: Age of Ultron' (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 19 December 2014, 6:32 AM, PST)
- Editorial: Five Reasons Why Avengers: Age Of Ultron Might Be 2015's Best Comic Book Movie (From ComicBookMovie. 19 December 2014, 4:01 PM, PST)
- Batman suit and Avengers: Infinity War directors revealed – Watch Fmtv’s Movie Newsgasm (From Flickeringmyth. 19 December 2014, 11:00 AM, PST)
- "Avengers: Age Of Ultron": Hot Toys Revealed (From SneakPeek. 19 December 2014, 9:44 AM, PST)