It looks like Alex Rodriguez's hip surgery went well! Take a look at the pic the Yankees slugger posted on his Facebook page this afternoon, writing, "Surgery went well! The road to recovery officially begins … looking forward to the challenges ahead."
Video: A-Rod Says George Clooney is 'My New Role Model'
According to Mlb.com, the 37-year-old A-Rod had two-hour arthroscopic surgery in New York on Wednesday to repair his left hip, with the procedure expected to keep the Yankees third baseman on the sidelines until mid-season.
The Yankees said in a statement that Rodriguez's surgery "went as planned and without complication." He will begin a supervised rehabilitation program with an anticipated full recovery in six months, returning him to the sport after the All-Star break.
The physician who performed the surgery, Dr. Bryan Kelly, has stressed that he does not believe the athlete's injuries are a result of performance-enhancing drug use, saying, "His hip »
Similar News ItemsGeorge Clooney
- The 101 Best Sports Movies of All Time (From Moviefone. 20 April 2014, 5:00 AM, PDT)
- 10 big stars and their big movie mistakes (From Hitfix. 19 April 2014, 5:38 PM, PDT)
- From Dusk Till Dawn The Series Blog: ‘Mistress’ Review [Spoilers] (From The Hollywood News. 19 April 2014, 1:00 AM, PDT)
Bryan Kelly (II)
- Lady Gaga gets pep talk from Alex Rodriguez (From Monsters and Critics. 23 February 2013, 4:04 PM, PST)
- Lady Gaga, A-Rod - Connected at the Hip? (From National Ledger. 23 February 2013, 9:50 AM, PST)
- Theater Review: Mary-Arrchie Theatre’s ‘Superior Donuts’ is Authentic Chicago (From HollywoodChicago.com. 22 February 2012, 9:27 AM, PST)