Carrie Underwood spoke out again in favor of marriage equality in the February 2013 issue of Allure magazine.
"I’m in favor of acceptance," the Grammy award-winning country superstar, who graces the cover of the women's publication, said in her interview. "And I am a Christian person, and I do love the Lord, and I feel no matter who you are, what you believe, how you live your life, it’s not my place to judge."
Last June, Underwood caused controversy when she first spoke about her support for gay marriage, receiving backlash from some fans and the Christian community.
The "American Idol" alum, wed NHL player Mike Fisher in July 2010, said last year, "As a married person myself, I don’t know what it’s like to be told I can’t marry somebody I love, and want to marry."
She continued, "I can’t imagine how that must feel. »
- JR Tungol
Similar News Items"American Idol" (2002)
- Exclusive: Nashville Books Kelly Clarkson (From TVLine.com. 11 December 2013, 5:50 PM, PST)
- Why All the Singing Shows Need to Stop (From TVovermind.com. 11 December 2013, 12:50 PM, PST)
- Fox Unlocks Shows on Xbox One for Pay-tv Subscribers (From Variety - TV News. 11 December 2013, 11:00 AM, PST)
- 'My Favorite Things': Kelly Clarkson or Carrie Underwood and Audra McDonald, who do you prefer? (From Zap2It - From Inside the Box. 11 December 2013, 7:45 PM, PST)
- One Direction Hangs With Big Bird On ‘Sesame Street’ — First Pic (From HollywoodLife. 11 December 2013, 12:35 PM, PST)
- Julie Andrews Hasn't Seen Carrie Underwood's Sound of Music Live!, Will "Get Around to It" (From Us Weekly. 11 December 2013, 10:33 AM, PST)
Mike Fisher (XVII)
- ‘Sound Of Music’: Carrie Underwood Dissed By Original Gretl Von Trapp (From HollywoodLife. 6 December 2013, 10:27 AM, PST)
- ‘The Sound Of Music’: Miranda Lambert & More React On Twitter (From HollywoodLife. 6 December 2013, 6:36 AM, PST)
- Carrie Underwood's Secret to a Happy Marriage: "Communication, Trust and Skype Are Key" (From E! Online. 4 December 2013, 11:31 AM, PST)