Carrie Underwood spoke out again in favor of marriage equality in the February 2013 issue of Allure magazine.
"I’m in favor of acceptance," the Grammy award-winning country superstar, who graces the cover of the women's publication, said in her interview. "And I am a Christian person, and I do love the Lord, and I feel no matter who you are, what you believe, how you live your life, it’s not my place to judge."
Last June, Underwood caused controversy when she first spoke about her support for gay marriage, receiving backlash from some fans and the Christian community.
The "American Idol" alum, wed NHL player Mike Fisher in July 2010, said last year, "As a married person myself, I don’t know what it’s like to be told I can’t marry somebody I love, and want to marry."
She continued, "I can’t imagine how that must feel. »
- JR Tungol
Similar News Items"American Idol" (2002)
- Keith Urban Kicks Off New Tour at Good Morning America (watch!) (From TheImproper.com. 11 July 2014, 11:10 AM, PDT)
- Dave Grohl Takes Dig at ‘Song Contests’ During HBO's ‘Sonic Highways’ Panel (From The Wrap. 10 July 2014, 5:13 PM, PDT)
- Fox's Fall Premiere Plan Includes Family Guy/Simpsons Crossover, 3-Part Utopia Launch, Late Mulaney Start (From TVLine.com. 10 July 2014, 1:00 PM, PDT)
- Prince William and Prince George Have an Adorable Morning Routine (From Popsugar. 11 July 2014, 8:04 AM, PDT)
- Dirty 'SNL' tune makes good, a historic 'Simpsons' snub, and more 2014 Emmys talking points (From EW.com - PopWatch. 10 July 2014, 8:47 AM, PDT)
- The Sound of Music: Live performance to air on ITV? (From Digital Spy - TV news. 10 July 2014, 3:18 AM, PDT)
Mike Fisher (XVII)
- Carrie Underwood Forgets Husband Mike Fisher's Twitter Handle on Fourth Wedding Anniversary (From Us Weekly. 11 July 2014, 2:24 AM, PDT)
- So Carrie Underwood Doesn't Know Husband Mike Fisher's Twitter Handle After 4 Years of Marriage, No Big Deal (From E! Online. 10 July 2014, 5:40 PM, PDT)
- Carrie Underwood & Mike Fisher: 4 Happy Years in Photos (From PEOPLE.com. 10 July 2014, 4:45 PM, PDT)