Carrie Underwood spoke out again in favor of marriage equality in the February 2013 issue of Allure magazine.
"I’m in favor of acceptance," the Grammy award-winning country superstar, who graces the cover of the women's publication, said in her interview. "And I am a Christian person, and I do love the Lord, and I feel no matter who you are, what you believe, how you live your life, it’s not my place to judge."
Last June, Underwood caused controversy when she first spoke about her support for gay marriage, receiving backlash from some fans and the Christian community.
The "American Idol" alum, wed NHL player Mike Fisher in July 2010, said last year, "As a married person myself, I don’t know what it’s like to be told I can’t marry somebody I love, and want to marry."
She continued, "I can’t imagine how that must feel. »
- JR Tungol
Similar News Items"American Idol" (2002)
- 'American Idol' stabbing: Candice versus Kree leads to blood (From Zap2It - From Inside the Box. 23 May 2013, 10:02 PM, PDT)
- Jennifer Hudson in Negotiations to Judge 'American Idol' (From The Wrap. 23 May 2013, 5:26 PM, PDT)
- Kelly Clarkson will not judge 'American Idol' next season (From Zap2It - From Inside the Box. 23 May 2013, 5:24 PM, PDT)
- Carrie Underwood donates $1 million for tornado victim relief (From Hitfix. 23 May 2013, 7:05 PM, PDT)
- Carrie Underwood Donates $1 Million to Red Cross for Oklahoma Tornado Relief (From E! Online. 23 May 2013, 7:02 PM, PDT)
- Carrie Underwood Donates $1 Million To Red Cross For Disaster Relief (From Access Hollywood. 23 May 2013, 5:47 PM, PDT)
Mike Fisher (XVII)
- Underwood Gets Real on Her Non 'Mushy' Personality (From Entertainment Tonight. 14 May 2013, 1:50 PM, PDT)
- Carrie Underwood is Not Ready for the Responsibility of Children (From TVovermind.com. 14 May 2013, 12:57 PM, PDT)
- Carrie Underwood not ready for kids (From Monsters and Critics. 14 May 2013, 12:01 PM, PDT)