Carrie Underwood spoke out again in favor of marriage equality in the February 2013 issue of Allure magazine.
"I’m in favor of acceptance," the Grammy award-winning country superstar, who graces the cover of the women's publication, said in her interview. "And I am a Christian person, and I do love the Lord, and I feel no matter who you are, what you believe, how you live your life, it’s not my place to judge."
Last June, Underwood caused controversy when she first spoke about her support for gay marriage, receiving backlash from some fans and the Christian community.
The "American Idol" alum, wed NHL player Mike Fisher in July 2010, said last year, "As a married person myself, I don’t know what it’s like to be told I can’t marry somebody I love, and want to marry."
She continued, "I can’t imagine how that must feel. »
- JR Tungol
Similar News Items"American Idol" (2002)
- Kevin Hart, Jennifer Aniston, and Michael Keaton honored at the first People Magazine Awards (From Hitfix. 19 December 2014, 4:23 AM, PST)
- 'The Sing-Off' falls flat (From Hitfix. 17 December 2014, 10:06 PM, PST)
- Fox Faces Challenge to Make ‘American Idol’ Sing (From Variety - TV News. 17 December 2014, 10:00 AM, PST)
- 7 Country Stars Whose Lives Mirrored the Music in 2014 (From Entertainment Tonight. 18 December 2014, 12:07 PM, PST)
- 'The Voice' Finale: Can the Show Produce the Next Kelly Clarkson? (From Entertainment Tonight. 16 December 2014, 5:26 PM, PST)
- 7 Stars Who Took the Most Perfect Makeup-Free Pics in 2014 (From Entertainment Tonight. 16 December 2014, 10:44 AM, PST)
Mike Fisher (XVII)
- They're Having a Baby! 6 Best Pregnancy Announcements of 2014 (From Entertainment Tonight. 17 December 2014, 5:17 PM, PST)
- Hot Mama! Carrie Underwood Shows Off Her Baby Bump in Skin-Tight White Gown (From Entertainment Tonight. 16 December 2014, 10:35 AM, PST)
- Jason Aldean, Luke Bryan and Florida Georgia Line Win Big at the American Country Countdown Awards (From PEOPLE.com. 16 December 2014, 8:40 AM, PST)