Conrad Bain, best known for playing Diff’rent Strokes patriarch Philip Drummond, died Monday in Livermore, CA, The Associated Press confirms. He was 89.
From 1978 to 1986, Bain starred on Diff’rent Strokes as a wealthy New York businessman who adopted the two sons of his late African-American maid. The show first aired for seven seasons on NBC, and later jumped to ABC for its eighth and final year.
Bain rose to fame playing Arthur Harmon, »
- Michael Slezak
Similar News ItemsWoody Allen
- Brie Larson Calls on Hollywood to Fight For Change: ‘Artists Are the Ones That the Politicians Fear’ (From Indiewire. 25 February 2017, 6:00 AM, PST)
- ‘Girls’ Director Richard Shepard on Sunday Night’s Searing Episode ‘American Bitch’ (From Variety - TV News. 24 February 2017, 10:00 AM, PST)
- Forget La La Land, the real goddesses of the silver screen had substance as well as style (From The Guardian - Film News. 24 February 2017, 8:00 AM, PST)
"Dark Shadows" (1966)
- It Came From The Tube: Satan’S School For Girls (1973) (From DailyDead. 12 February 2017, 10:29 AM, PST)
- Horror Highlights: The Monster Charity Project 2017, Attack Of The Lederhosen Zombies, Ravenwolf Towers, Pitchfork, Go North (From DailyDead. 10 January 2017, 7:01 AM, PST)
- Horror Highlights: Exclusive Trailer Reveal for Ugly Sweater Party, It Watches Q&A, Ravenwolf Towers (From DailyDead. 9 December 2016, 9:04 AM, PST)
Gary Coleman (I)
- From Black Mirror to Stranger Things, why do we keep going back to the 80s? (From The Guardian - TV News. 17 February 2017, 11:00 PM, PST)
- Alan Thicke's TV Theme Song Legacy: The Man Behind The Facts of Life, Diff'rent Strokes and More Opening Numbers (From E! Online. 14 December 2016, 6:49 AM, PST)
- Alan Thicke’s Best Television Theme Songs: 11 Unforgettable Tracks (From PEOPLE.com. 14 December 2016, 6:27 AM, PST)