Conrad Bain, best known for playing Diff’rent Strokes patriarch Philip Drummond, died Monday in Livermore, CA, The Associated Press confirms. He was 89.
From 1978 to 1986, Bain starred on Diff’rent Strokes as a wealthy New York businessman who adopted the two sons of his late African-American maid. The show first aired for seven seasons on NBC, and later jumped to ABC for its eighth and final year.
Bain rose to fame playing Arthur Harmon, »
- Michael Slezak
Similar News ItemsWoody Allen
- Arthouse Audit: Controversy Reigns as 'End of the Tour' Tops Limited Newbies and Weinstein Dumps Jeunet's Latest (From Thompson on Hollywood. 2 August 2015, 10:51 AM, PDT)
- Woody Allen Calls Relationship With Wife Soon-Yi Previn ‘Paternal’ In Candid Interview (From Uinterview. 31 July 2015, 11:33 AM, PDT)
- Five "Must-See" Movies for August 2015 (From Rope Of Silicon. 31 July 2015, 8:30 AM, PDT)
"Dark Shadows" (1966)
- David Kennedy, Talent Agent Turned Producer, Dies at 73 (From Variety - TV News. 1 July 2015, 7:02 PM, PDT)
- TV Producer David Kennedy, a Former Agent, Dies Suddenly at 73 (From Variety - TV News. 1 July 2015, 6:52 PM, PDT)
- ‘Guardians of the Galaxy,’ ‘The Walking Dead,’ ‘Interstellar’ Shine at Saturn Awards (From Variety - Film News. 26 June 2015, 12:09 PM, PDT)
Gary Coleman (I)
- Rock the Block Party Plus 2 More Atlanta Events (From Backstage. 4 June 2015, 11:18 AM, PDT)
- 'Paddington' Interview with Director Paul King | Exclusive (From MovieWeb. 14 January 2015, 3:54 PM, PST)
- Michael Davis: The Milestone Contract (From Comicmix. 3 November 2014, 3:10 PM, PST)