Conrad Bain, best known for playing Diff’rent Strokes patriarch Philip Drummond, died Monday in Livermore, CA, The Associated Press confirms. He was 89.
From 1978 to 1986, Bain starred on Diff’rent Strokes as a wealthy New York businessman who adopted the two sons of his late African-American maid. The show first aired for seven seasons on NBC, and later jumped to ABC for its eighth and final year.
Bain rose to fame playing Arthur Harmon, »
- Michael Slezak
Similar News ItemsWoody Allen
- Woody Allen Wednesdays - Deconstructing Harry and Cassandra's Dream (From Flickeringmyth. 11 December 2013, 2:33 PM, PST)
- Mjff unveils line-up (From ScreenDaily. 11 December 2013, 10:58 AM, PST)
- American Hustle | Review (From ioncinema. 11 December 2013, 9:00 AM, PST)
"Dark Shadows" (1966)
- Remembering Marcia Wallace, Lady Gaga Will Host “SNL” and Nico Tortorella is “Eye Candy” (From The Backlot. 1 November 2013, 5:09 AM, PDT)
- Crowdfunding Friday: horror, anime, games and comics (From Den of Geek. 31 October 2013, 6:38 AM, PDT)
- Scariest Movies to Watch on Halloween – Redux Edition (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 30 October 2013, 11:19 AM, PDT)
Gary Coleman (I)
- An Ode to Edna: 5 of Marcia Wallace's best Simpsons appearances (From Shadowlocked. 1 November 2013, 11:54 AM, PDT)
- 'The League' Season 5: Paul Scheer talks Andre's wedding, Fxx and 'ArScheerio Paul' (From Zap2It - From Inside the Box. 4 September 2013, 1:00 PM, PDT)
- Watch: Todd Bridges On Healing From Sexual Abuse (From Huffington Post. 20 August 2013, 7:47 AM, PDT)