Conrad Bain, best known for playing Diff’rent Strokes patriarch Philip Drummond, died Monday in Livermore, CA, The Associated Press confirms. He was 89.
From 1978 to 1986, Bain starred on Diff’rent Strokes as a wealthy New York businessman who adopted the two sons of his late African-American maid. The show first aired for seven seasons on NBC, and later jumped to ABC for its eighth and final year.
Bain rose to fame playing Arthur Harmon, »
- Michael Slezak
Similar News ItemsWoody Allen
- Magic in the Moonlight: Colin Firth on Woody Allen's 1920s romance (From The Independent. 16 September 2014, 4:00 PM, PDT)
- Brie Larson and Ben Kingsley up the pedigree of Daniel Radcliffe-led 'Brooklyn Bridge' (From Hitfix. 16 September 2014, 10:36 AM, PDT)
- Sesame Street Star Wars and the latest Kanye rant plus the rest of today's breaking pop culture news (From The Guardian - TV News. 16 September 2014, 8:58 AM, PDT)
"Dark Shadows" (1966)
- September 9th Blu-ray & DVD Releases Include Pumpkinhead, Prom Night (From DailyDead. 8 September 2014, 6:02 PM, PDT)
- Ranked: Every Summer Movie Season Since 1980 - Part 1 (From Cinelinx. 8 September 2014, 4:11 AM, PDT)
- Josh Soriano’s Guide To Surviving Your First Horror Convention!! (From Icons of Fright. 3 September 2014, 2:54 AM, PDT)
Gary Coleman (I)
- Triumph and Jack McBrayer’s new Adult Swim show is going to be dirty (From Hitfix. 9 August 2014, 8:58 AM, PDT)
- 10 Comics to Watch: Greg Poehler’s Standup Is Huge in ‘Sweden’ (From Variety - TV News. 22 July 2014, 10:00 AM, PDT)
- Tammy Review (From We Got This Covered. 1 July 2014, 10:43 AM, PDT)