Conrad Bain, best known for playing Diff’rent Strokes patriarch Philip Drummond, died Monday in Livermore, CA, The Associated Press confirms. He was 89.
From 1978 to 1986, Bain starred on Diff’rent Strokes as a wealthy New York businessman who adopted the two sons of his late African-American maid. The show first aired for seven seasons on NBC, and later jumped to ABC for its eighth and final year.
Bain rose to fame playing Arthur Harmon, »
- Michael Slezak
Similar News ItemsWoody Allen
- "Transporter Refueled" Star Reveals Why She Left Modeling Behind (From TooFab. 4 September 2015, 1:00 PM, PDT)
- Lolo Movie Review (From ShockYa. 4 September 2015, 7:42 AM, PDT)
- San Sebastian Honors Emily Watson With Donostia Award (From Variety - Film News. 4 September 2015, 5:24 AM, PDT)
"Dark Shadows" (1966)
- 13 Nights of Halloween: Here's the Full Lineup For ABC Family's Annual Marathon! (From BuzzSugar. 3 September 2015, 7:30 PM, PDT)
- Ten Best: Creepiest Towns on TV (From Blogomatic3000. 12 August 2015, 1:08 PM, PDT)
- Lela Swift, Pioneering TV Director, Dies at 96 (From Variety - TV News. 5 August 2015, 7:40 AM, PDT)
Gary Coleman (I)
- This Celebrity-Interview Supercut Is a Near Overdose of Awkward (From Vulture. 19 August 2015, 7:45 PM, PDT)
- Theatre Review: Avenue Q: The Musical (UK Tour) (From The Hollywood News. 5 August 2015, 3:57 AM, PDT)
- Rock the Block Party Plus 2 More Atlanta Events (From Backstage. 4 June 2015, 11:18 AM, PDT)