Conrad Bain, best known for playing Diff’rent Strokes patriarch Philip Drummond, died Monday in Livermore, CA, The Associated Press confirms. He was 89.
From 1978 to 1986, Bain starred on Diff’rent Strokes as a wealthy New York businessman who adopted the two sons of his late African-American maid. The show first aired for seven seasons on NBC, and later jumped to ABC for its eighth and final year.
Bain rose to fame playing Arthur Harmon, »
- Michael Slezak
Similar News ItemsWoody Allen
- Captain America: The Winter Soldier Still Dominating at Box Office, Johnny Depp's Transcendence Bombs (From Worst Previews. 20 April 2014, 7:19 PM, PDT)
- Woody Allen Propels 'Fading Gigolo' to Strong Second-Best Limited Opening of 2014 (From Thompson on Hollywood. 20 April 2014, 5:57 PM, PDT)
- The Important Directing Trick That Chris Messina Learned From Woody Allen (From The Wrap. 20 April 2014, 2:59 PM, PDT)
"Dark Shadows" (1966)
- Big Finish Audios Nominated for Awards (From Kasterborous. 18 April 2014, 4:00 AM, PDT)
- 2014 Scribe Award Nominees Named (From Comicmix. 10 April 2014, 10:18 AM, PDT)
- The Real Housewives of New York City Recap: Little Barn of Horrors (From Vulture. 9 April 2014, 7:00 AM, PDT)
Gary Coleman (I)
- 10 Voice-Actor Deaths That Impacted The Simpsons (From Obsessed with Film. 4 April 2014, 11:04 AM, PDT)
- ‘Facts of Life,’ ‘Silver Spoons’ Co-Creator Ben Starr Dies at 92 (From Variety - TV News. 20 January 2014, 12:18 PM, PST)
- An Ode to Edna: 5 of Marcia Wallace's best Simpsons appearances (From Shadowlocked. 1 November 2013, 11:54 AM, PDT)