Conrad Bain, best known for playing Diff’rent Strokes patriarch Philip Drummond, died Monday in Livermore, CA, The Associated Press confirms. He was 89.
From 1978 to 1986, Bain starred on Diff’rent Strokes as a wealthy New York businessman who adopted the two sons of his late African-American maid. The show first aired for seven seasons on NBC, and later jumped to ABC for its eighth and final year.
Bain rose to fame playing Arthur Harmon, »
- Michael Slezak
Similar News ItemsWoody Allen
- International Exec You Should Know: Stephane Celerier (From Variety - Film News. 12 February 2016, 10:00 AM, PST)
- Recommended New Books on Filmmaking: ‘The Force Awakens,’ Spike Lee, ‘Alien,’ Pixar, and More (From The Film Stage. 11 February 2016, 11:28 AM, PST)
- Caprice | 2016 My French Film Festival Review (From ioncinema. 11 February 2016, 10:00 AM, PST)
"Dark Shadows" (1966)
- Oscar’S Year Of Visual Effects, and The Art Of Seeing And Believing (From Trailers from Hell. 6 February 2016, 9:16 AM, PST)
- Barney Miller: Abe Vigoda Dies at 94, Farewell Det Fish (From TVSeriesFinale. 26 January 2016, 7:19 PM, PST)
- 'Godfather' Star Abe Vigoda Passes Away at Age 94 (From MovieWeb. 26 January 2016, 12:41 PM, PST)
Gary Coleman (I)
- This Celebrity-Interview Supercut Is a Near Overdose of Awkward (From Vulture. 19 August 2015, 7:45 PM, PDT)
- Theatre Review: Avenue Q: The Musical (UK Tour) (From The Hollywood News. 5 August 2015, 3:57 AM, PDT)
- Rock the Block Party Plus 2 More Atlanta Events (From Backstage. 4 June 2015, 11:18 AM, PDT)