Conrad Bain, best known for playing Diff’rent Strokes patriarch Philip Drummond, died Monday in Livermore, CA, The Associated Press confirms. He was 89.
From 1978 to 1986, Bain starred on Diff’rent Strokes as a wealthy New York businessman who adopted the two sons of his late African-American maid. The show first aired for seven seasons on NBC, and later jumped to ABC for its eighth and final year.
Bain rose to fame playing Arthur Harmon, »
- Michael Slezak
Similar News ItemsWoody Allen
- The Final Girls | Review (From ioncinema. 9 October 2015, 3:00 PM, PDT)
- Blake Lively Looks Hot on Set of New Woody Allen Flick (From TooFab. 8 October 2015, 4:30 PM, PDT)
- Nicholas Hoult, Luke Evans and Henry Cavill To Start In Drama Sand Castle (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 8 October 2015, 4:29 PM, PDT)
"Dark Shadows" (1966)
- Q&A: Keith Allan on Z Nation Season 2 (From DailyDead. 9 October 2015, 9:11 AM, PDT)
- 10 Commonly Overlooked Horror Films Worth Seeing (From SoundOnSight. 6 October 2015, 2:00 PM, PDT)
- Every Movie is a TV Show is a Book is a Broadway Play is a Video Game (From FilmSchoolRejects. 6 October 2015, 6:00 AM, PDT)
Gary Coleman (I)
- This Celebrity-Interview Supercut Is a Near Overdose of Awkward (From Vulture. 19 August 2015, 7:45 PM, PDT)
- Theatre Review: Avenue Q: The Musical (UK Tour) (From The Hollywood News. 5 August 2015, 3:57 AM, PDT)
- Rock the Block Party Plus 2 More Atlanta Events (From Backstage. 4 June 2015, 11:18 AM, PDT)