Conrad Bain, best known for playing Diff’rent Strokes patriarch Philip Drummond, died Monday in Livermore, CA, The Associated Press confirms. He was 89.
From 1978 to 1986, Bain starred on Diff’rent Strokes as a wealthy New York businessman who adopted the two sons of his late African-American maid. The show first aired for seven seasons on NBC, and later jumped to ABC for its eighth and final year.
Bain rose to fame playing Arthur Harmon, »
- Michael Slezak
Similar News ItemsWoody Allen
- Cate Blanchett and Sally Hawkins Now BFFs (From National Ledger. 9 March 2014, 6:24 PM, PDT)
- SXSW Review: How the Murder Mystery 'Wild Canaries' Transcends the Clichés of NYC Hipster Comedies (From Indiewire. 9 March 2014, 8:36 AM, PDT)
- 'Cosmos' then and now: The 'personal voyage' of Carl Sagan, the Hollywood cool of Neil deGrasse Tyson (From EW.com - PopWatch. 9 March 2014, 8:02 AM, PDT)
"Dark Shadows" (1966)
- 8 Greatest Vampire TV Shows (From Obsessed with Film. 8 March 2014, 3:41 AM, PST)
- See This/Skip That: From The Grand Budapest Hotel to Mr. Peabody & Sherman (From PEOPLE.com. 7 March 2014, 12:35 PM, PST)
- Gift Guide: 'A Nightmare on Elm Street' Custom Sneakers (From FEARnet. 28 February 2014, 2:00 PM, PST)
Gary Coleman (I)
- ‘Facts of Life,’ ‘Silver Spoons’ Co-Creator Ben Starr Dies at 92 (From Variety - TV News. 20 January 2014, 12:18 PM, PST)
- An Ode to Edna: 5 of Marcia Wallace's best Simpsons appearances (From Shadowlocked. 1 November 2013, 11:54 AM, PDT)
- 'The League' Season 5: Paul Scheer talks Andre's wedding, Fxx and 'ArScheerio Paul' (From Zap2It - From Inside the Box. 4 September 2013, 1:00 PM, PDT)