Conrad Bain, best known for playing Diff’rent Strokes patriarch Philip Drummond, died Monday in Livermore, CA, The Associated Press confirms. He was 89.
From 1978 to 1986, Bain starred on Diff’rent Strokes as a wealthy New York businessman who adopted the two sons of his late African-American maid. The show first aired for seven seasons on NBC, and later jumped to ABC for its eighth and final year.
Bain rose to fame playing Arthur Harmon, »
- Michael Slezak
Similar News ItemsWoody Allen
- Watch: John Turturro Spans Career, 'Fading Gigolo' and More in Hour-Long Conversation at 92nd Street Y (From Thompson on Hollywood. 23 April 2014, 10:21 AM, PDT)
- Whatever Works in ‘Manhattan’: Woody Allen’s May/December Romances (From FilmSchoolRejects. 23 April 2014, 7:00 AM, PDT)
- 'Fading Gigolo' Director John Turturro Touts 'Positive Sides' of Prostitution (From The Hollywood Reporter. 23 April 2014, 5:28 AM, PDT)
"Dark Shadows" (1966)
- Big Finish Audios Nominated for Awards (From Kasterborous. 18 April 2014, 4:00 AM, PDT)
- 2014 Scribe Award Nominees Named (From Comicmix. 10 April 2014, 10:18 AM, PDT)
- The Real Housewives of New York City Recap: Little Barn of Horrors (From Vulture. 9 April 2014, 7:00 AM, PDT)
Gary Coleman (I)
- 10 Voice-Actor Deaths That Impacted The Simpsons (From Obsessed with Film. 4 April 2014, 11:04 AM, PDT)
- ‘Facts of Life,’ ‘Silver Spoons’ Co-Creator Ben Starr Dies at 92 (From Variety - TV News. 20 January 2014, 12:18 PM, PST)
- An Ode to Edna: 5 of Marcia Wallace's best Simpsons appearances (From Shadowlocked. 1 November 2013, 11:54 AM, PDT)