Conrad Bain, best known for playing Diff’rent Strokes patriarch Philip Drummond, died Monday in Livermore, CA, The Associated Press confirms. He was 89.
From 1978 to 1986, Bain starred on Diff’rent Strokes as a wealthy New York businessman who adopted the two sons of his late African-American maid. The show first aired for seven seasons on NBC, and later jumped to ABC for its eighth and final year.
Bain rose to fame playing Arthur Harmon, »
- Michael Slezak
Similar News ItemsWoody Allen
- New Sausage Party red band trailer and Q & A with Seth Rogen (From Cineplex. 22 July 2016, 12:41 PM, PDT)
- ‘Sausage Party’: Seth Rogen’s ‘R-Rated Pixar Movie’ Devours Comic-Con (From Variety - Film News. 22 July 2016, 11:03 AM, PDT)
- Blake Lively Mingled With More Kids Than Adults at a Target Bash in Brooklyn (From Popsugar. 21 July 2016, 9:05 PM, PDT)
"Dark Shadows" (1966)
- It Came From The Tube: Trilogy Of Terror (1975) (From DailyDead. 17 July 2016, 11:53 AM, PDT)
- Dark Shadows: The Horror Soap Opera Debuted 50 Years Ago (From TVSeriesFinale. 27 June 2016, 6:31 PM, PDT)
- 30 years ago today: The Goblin King lured us into ‘Labyrinth’ (From Hitfix. 27 June 2016, 6:00 AM, PDT)
Gary Coleman (I)
- Former Addict Todd Bridges Recalls How Nancy Reagan on 'Diff'rent Strokes' Helped Change His Life (From The Hollywood Reporter. 6 March 2016, 4:37 PM, PST)
- This Celebrity-Interview Supercut Is a Near Overdose of Awkward (From Vulture. 19 August 2015, 7:45 PM, PDT)
- Theatre Review: Avenue Q: The Musical (UK Tour) (From The Hollywood News. 5 August 2015, 3:57 AM, PDT)